• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are CCS submissions status viewable online?
2 2

11 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, Aman619 said:

When you submit to CGC and CCS, can you track the status at CCS online like we can for CGC?   Or only once they get to CGC for grading?

It has been a while since I sent comics to CCS, so this is how I remember it occurring.  When you send comics that are getting pressed at CCS, your dashboard says Received when they open the box, and the date is posted, just like it was going to CGC.  You are charged for the pressing at that time, so you know it is in the pressing queue. 

When that is completed, it goes over to CGC, usually as Scheduled, with a new arrival date showing when it moved from CCS to CGC.  You are billed for the grading fees at that time.  Then it goes through the CGC steps.  The best you can do is follow the payments and status updates.

4 minutes ago, Lightning55 said:

It has been a while since I sent comics to CCS, so this is how I remember it occurring.  When you send comics that are getting pressed at CCS, your dashboard says Received when they open the box, and the date is posted, just like it was going to CGC.  You are charged for the pressing at that time, so you know it is in the pressing queue. 

When that is completed, it goes over to CGC, usually as Scheduled, with a new arrival date showing when it moved from CCS to CGC.  You are billed for the grading fees at that time.  Then it goes through the CGC steps.  The best you can do is follow the payments and status updates.

I just had two comics that finished pressing yesterday (Toxic Avenger 1 and Spider-Man Unlimited 1) and what you state is exactly what is noted. However, the SMU is SFG and the Toxic Avenger is not for some reason...I guess I will see how this plays out in the next week or two.

Edited by CHASEnBLUE

I'm pretty sure the submission numbers are assigned as soon as they are opened and logged, no matter if they are going to CGC OR CCS.  After entering all the info, they get sent to CCS or CGC, depending on what services are requested.  If going to CCS first, they bill you by that submission number for pressing fees.  If you are getting 10 Moderns pressed, you'd get billed for the 10 Moderns at whatever the rate was at the time you submitted.  You would get an email that says "credit card acknowledgement" in the subject.  When they move to CGC from CCS, the submission number stays the same, but the associated date changes to reflect the date they are now arriving at CGC.  Now you will be billed again, this time for the grading fees.  If going to CGC directly, not pressed, they bill by the assigned submission number created at intake.

If you have multiple tiers in the package you sent, they should be be broken out by submission numbers in the pdf that shows the billing totals.  You never see an itemized list of comics on any bills, just through your dashboard.  Different tiers, even if sent together, may be charged at CCS or CGC at different times. 

If you are wondering what comics are in submission #xxxxxxxx, you just click on the matching submission number on your dashboard if it is in RED.  If not in RED, it has not been entered and posted at intake, so not a link yet.

Edited by Lightning55

That’s a great summary of the work flow, thanx.. but I keep reading posts here saying they were looking up the status of  their books at CCS.  I’m trying to understand whether the CGC site displays a submissions status at CCS by itself, and not just for the slabbing…. Or is it only that if the invoice number is not RED, it means it’s still at CCS?

There is no way to see the status of the comics at CCS.  Nothing to see.

Unlike CGC that has steps such as RECEIVED > SCHEDULED > GRADING > SHIPPED, there is only 2 steps at CCS: WAITING TO BE PRESSED > GONE.  The whole process is invisible to the consumer.

If your comics are listed as Received on your dashboard, and you know they are getting pressed, they are at CCS.  Confirming that they are at CCS, you get an email invoice for pressing.  If you see the date change and you get a grading fee bill, they have moved out of Pressing.  That's all there is to watch for. 

When this occurs, it might say SCHEDULED, but it might still remain as RECEIVED, and SCHEDULED at a future time.

Edited by Lightning55

thats what I was looking for.  As I stated, I read posts here that seem to be saying that they are tracking the status at CCS... so what they really were saying it seems is that they check the CGC submission page and the only movement they see is that happy day when their books status changes from RECEIVED to SCHEDULED FOR GRADING....  my misunderstanding.  I had assumed you could track the progress within CCS before it moved to CGC.  (Received, step 1, step 2, processed, quality control"... That would be nice.

It certainly could be better.  Today I had 2 submissions land on my dashboard, already slated as Scheduled.  I have had a submission on the dashboard that was logged as Received on 5/14.  So that has been waiting 6 weeks to be Scheduled, still is not, and the submissions landing today are already Scheduled.  None are fast-tracked, all are Moderns.  It makes no sense at all.

I have had submissions hit the dashboard and are immediately in Grading.  Again, not fast-tracked, just Moderns.  But the "Steps" don't mean much either.  I have had a submission stay in Scheduled for a month.  I have had it stay in Grading for 3 weeks, yet sometimes only 2 days.

In the past, for a while, it was fairly predictable.  The box would take 4 days to get to CGC.  After being at CGC for about 2 weeks, it would hit the intake desk, get a submission number, show up as Received on my dashboard.  After 3-4 weeks, it said Scheduled. 

About 2 weeks later it was in Grading, which only took 2-3 days.  Then it was shipped.  These again were Moderns, no pressing.  These days, it can be all over the board. 

Watching it can be frustrating, but I have to know when to expect the boxes and plan for that, or 50 slabs might just show up at random.  I want to be prepared to get them ready to sell on eBay, schedule some help, so I don't want to be taken by surprise.  And surprise billing is something else to be avoided.