• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Villains first appearance vs hero’s first appearance??
1 1

10 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Bo1983 said:

Without the villains there is no need for a hero so does a villains first appearance hold more weight I thank so!!Your guys opinion much appreciated!

There are cycles in collecting and there will be a few years that villains are a big deal and a few years where they're not, then it will repeat.

The biggest villain is probably the Joker, and the Joker first appeared in Batman #1, but he wasn't on the cover.

I think that Batman #1 would still be a really big book even if it wasn't the first appearance of Joker, but can you imagine if the Joker was featured earlier on the cover of a book like Detective Comics #30 instead of the worthless welding world-changing wannabe? lol

detective30.jpg.4f0cf9e270ceb4e1b4b2d73560f63eb5.jpg

15 minutes ago, valiantman said:

There are cycles in collecting and there will be a few years that villains are a big deal and a few years where they're not, then it will repeat.

The biggest villain is probably the Joker, and the Joker first appeared in Batman #1, but he wasn't on the cover.

I think that Batman #1 would still be a really big book even if it wasn't the first appearance of Joker, but can you imagine if the Joker was featured earlier on the cover of a book like Detective Comics #30 instead of the worthless welding world-changing wannabe? lol

detective30.jpg.4f0cf9e270ceb4e1b4b2d73560f63eb5.jpg

Also first Catwoman in Batman 1.

Two classic characters in one Golden Age key.

Edited by Ken Aldred

30 minutes ago, Bo1983 said:

Without the villains there is no need for a hero so does a villains first appearance hold more weight I thank so!!Your guys opinion much appreciated!

It depends on a case-by-case basis.

Doctor Doom will always be better than Shang-Chi.

6 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

It depends on a case-by-case basis.

Doctor Doom will always be better than Shang-Chi.

But Shang-Chi will be better than Death Dealer

8 hours ago, Bo1983 said:

You forgot anti hero like punisher(neither good or bad)or deapool or venom,or my favorite the first anti hero from belgium!when he first appear in late 50s the publisher did everything for it not to be published

f43c9247e9b377ae669fee43038fdca6.jpg

Edited by Namtak