• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Turn around times
3 3

21 posts in this topic

When I sent my 1st batch of books in the fast track tat for pressing and grading was 40 and 29?  Am I still on this time table or am I now under the new tat? 

I also had 2 other deliveries that were received by cgc on June 22 per the package confirmation delivery tool that had tat for fast track grading at 79 days. Am I still under this time table?

• Administrator

Good morning,

Thanks for your message. Unfortunately, turnaround times are always subject to change and will fluctuate based on the volume of submissions we have coming in at any given time.  

We are opening mail from the week of 5-3 right now for comics.  The turnaround times listed on our website include the time your package waits before being opened.

Thanks!

So just wondering when I shipped my books in back in March and the delivery schedule then was 59 days and it's now sitting at a new 101 days so almost double.

Do these books just keep getting pushed out until Christmas?

It took over a month just to open the box and then another 2 months to bill my account in full. So what happens now just sit and collect dust.

15 minutes ago, Jennifer F. said:

Good morning,

Thanks for your message. Unfortunately, turnaround times are always subject to change and will fluctuate based on the volume of submissions we have coming in at any given time.  

We are opening mail from the week of 5-3 right now for comics.  The turnaround times listed on our website include the time your package waits before being opened.

Thanks!

I understand that but my package was opened on 4/28. Am I now waiting under the current timeline or am I still on the timetable that the tat was when I sent it in?

32 minutes ago, cklamer said:

So just wondering when I shipped my books in back in March and the delivery schedule then was 59 days and it's now sitting at a new 101 days so almost double.

Do these books just keep getting pushed out until Christmas?

It took over a month just to open the box and then another 2 months to bill my account in full. So what happens now just sit and collect dust.

Jemin don't mean to highjack your post but I think we have the same problem. 

Okay then if this is true I am sitting at 70 working days right now. Do I still have another 30 working days to go?

Edited by cklamer

On 7/3/2021 at 9:13 AM, ramithard said:

You have to have patience with CGC......they will eventually get to your books...I have over 120 submitted  with the earliest received as March 12 th...7 months is the turnaround time

I am being patient I'm just trying to get a clear understanding of how the system works.  Are the goal posts being moved every time they figure out they can't get them done or are earlier submissions still under the earlier tat?

Edited by Jemin

9 hours ago, Jemin said:

I am being patient I'm just trying to get a clear understanding of how the system works.  Are the goal posts being moved every time they figure out they can't get them done or are earlier submissions still under the earlier tat?

yes, nearly daily the turn around times are adjusted imo 

11 hours ago, Jemin said:

Yes....what used to be a 24 yd. attempt is now a 63 yrder..............

I was going to ask the same question; Which wait time applies to my submission:

i) the wait time advised on the date of receipt of my submission by CGC, or

ii) the wait time quoted on date the package was opened, or

iii) the wait time shown today or on any future date".

@Jennifer F. I have seen your answer to @Jeminon Friday, but I think all of us here would appreciate further clarity to your response. Just so we know what to expect. Specifically, is it i, ii, or iii (or something else)?

Thank you in anticipation,

Stephen 

Sorry but when I see people posting they are receiving their modern books back and they were opened and excepted after my books were opened and excepted I would like to know how that is and how do they line things up for grading. Mine were sent in just standard modern grading and I knew it would take a while but they have collected their money and still nothing and someone else just posted they are getting their moderns back and their books were received almost a week after mine. They did not have fast track so I know it wasn't that. 

I understand you are going through a lot of growing pains and plus a new partner. But we are all right there with you. 

UPDATE: Okay just noticed someone has updated all of the books on the invoice to what I am guessing will be put on the labels. 

Edited by cklamer

So the turn around has changed again since I initially asked this question.  I have books that were delivered on June 22 when tat was 79 for Fast track.  Tat fast track is now 91.  My books have not been marked as received yet just delivered. I sincerely hope that I am not waiting 91 days otherwise I paid extra money to wait just as long anyways.

Edited by Jemin

I understand that with the high influx of submission and the current downward labor trend that turnaround times are on the rise. 

My question is, with Blackstone acquiring the company and a new president being promoted what is CGC's strategy to combat these problems and bring the turnaround times back down to a more reasonable time? 

Recently prices were increased and more customers are going to competitor grading companies due to these new changes. I would think that this would be a major concern for the company and they have a plan to rectify this in order to keep their customer base. 

We could really use some reassurance via a plan to absolve these lingering issues. 

Thank you, 

Darren Weaver.

Edited by Nerd U Comics and Collectibles

I submitted 2 books that were at CGC both in March. Paid for FT pressing and grading and I still don’t have them and that was before all this . 111 days later. 

are we customers gonna get a discount or refund or credit or anything? Or is CGC just gonna keep charging full price for a service they can no longer guarantee?

2 hours ago, Canadian Geek said:

I submitted 2 books that were at CGC both in March. Paid for FT pressing and grading and I still don’t have them and that was before all this . 111 days later. 

are we customers gonna get a discount or refund or credit or anything? Or is CGC just gonna keep charging full price for a service they can no longer guarantee?

I agree slightly, here. We aren't really getting the service we paid for at this point. What's wrong with cutting down on all these private signings until TATs for normal submissions are manageable?