• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Published Homage/Swipes Covers of Classic Covers in Your Collection

33 posts in this topic

Love 'em or hate 'em, they are a regular part of our hobby. Here the homages in my collection.

XO Manowar 1 Variant by Bob Layton, homage for Iron Man 128

Fave of my homage covers since it's by Bob Layton (original artist for 128) and I was a fan of the Demon in A Bottle run as a kid, plus I really like XO-Manowar.

XO Manowar 1 variant cover.jpg

Power of Her #1 by Tom Grummett

Tom has been doing a number of what-if type covers. This is a homage to Marvel Premiere #1 "Power of Warlock"

Since her was created by the same group behind Him that was later Warlock its the perfect homage cover. Tom drew the whole cover, logo, and trade dress.

hEB5fMjH_220119183823lola.thumb.jpg.e6bebc3a196142b956ae661f4a41aa65.jpg

1617748426_MarvelLegacy1MostInteresting2.jpg.52c0c3aca97ce4b49e45005d8f5b9686.jpg

Marvel Legacy #1

To launch the Marvel Legacy title, Ed McGuinness drew this hero-packed homage to Giant-Size X-Men #1 (1975). 

This time, the "OG" heroes are busting through the cover while the newer versions watch from the background.

Definitely a "Most Interesting" modern cover that I couldn’t resist!