• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Star Wars Episodes VII-IX to be retconned.

20 posts in this topic

No way that'll happen. It's a bad trilogy, horrible even, but there's no way it's getting jettisoned, and so soon. 

8 minutes ago, Mecha_Fantastic said:

No way that'll happen. It's a bad trilogy, horrible even, but there's no way it's getting jettisoned, and so soon. 

Maybe this was plan at the start. Screw up the first three and it will still make a good profit but fans will be divisive over them. Bring in Filoni and Bam! The sequel remakes double profits of the original. 

Edited by I like pie

9 minutes ago, D84 said:

I don't care either way. You can't just pretend the movies didn't happen, once it's released. Star Wars :censored: the bed.

As far as I'm concerned, it was three good movies from the late 70s/early 80s that got run into the ground by corporate greed.

May Star Wars rest in peace.

Did you not get into Clone Wars or Rebels? There's some gold in dem dere hills.

I did love Rogue One. Great film IMO. Solo though is just so... by the numbers. It answers questions no one asked (eg his surname, that was horrible). I didn't mind TFA, but disliked the other 2, immensely.

1 hour ago, I like pie said:

Did you not get into Clone Wars or Rebels? There's some gold in dem dere hills.

Indeed. Also, episodes 1-3 have aged well. Time has been good to them.

Time has been terrible to the sequels, though. It’s funny. Everybody was euphoric after TFA, saying “SW Was Back!!!!!!!!!!!” Just a few years later everybody can all agree it was all a cluster:censored: mess. 

1 hour ago, Mecha_Fantastic said:

I did love Rogue One. Great film IMO. Solo though is just so... by the numbers. It answers questions no one asked (eg his surname, that was horrible). I didn't mind TFA, but disliked the other 2, immensely.

He did not deserve a movie. It was a straight cash-grab by backward thinking executives. The comics are trying to make some of the events in Solo a little more important at the moment with War of the Bounty Hunters. At least so far it has. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

2 hours ago, MattTheDuck said:

So many good stories could have been told in 7-9.  Didn't use even one.

I know, I would've loved to see the Yuuzhan Vong. That would've been thrilling as trilogy arc if they properly molded it! :ohnoez:

Edited by Skylath

I don't have watch 7-9
I Have Disney + 
I decide to watch 4-6
and then 1-3.

I Finish 5 last week:
Empire strikes back

I watch a movie every 2 weeks
so it will take a few weeks to reach number 9
I will let you know how I like it (Or not)

:popcorn:

11 hours ago, I like pie said:

Multiple sites reporting. What a money maker this would be. There aren't many who can say they enjoyed the sequel trilogy as a whole.

If this were to happen, I have no doubts it would be largely favored by fans.

:wishluck:

Yes, Pay the mandalorian team and put them in control.

Then disney should buy hbo as well and remake season 8 of Game of thrones... that single handily destroyed all good will to the franchise... Game of Thrones would have become the next LOTR or Starwars if the last season was any good.  

Edited by Wolverinex

11 hours ago, D84 said:

I don't care either way. You can't just pretend the movies didn't happen, once it's released. Star Wars :censored: the bed.

As far as I'm concerned, it was three good movies from the late 70s/early 80s that got run into the ground by corporate greed.

May Star Wars rest in peace.

I guess you haven't seen Mandalorian or Clone wars

8 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

I guess you haven't seen Mandalorian or Clone wars

I only saw the first 1 1/2 episodes of Mandalorian and was bored.

Clone Wars is a spin off of the prequels that I didn't care for, so why should I watch it?

2 hours ago, D84 said:

I only saw the first 1 1/2 episodes of Mandalorian and was bored.

Clone Wars is a spin off of the prequels that I didn't care for, so why should I watch it?

Clone Wars and Rebels essentially fixed the prequels. It sucks that that they had to be made to make the prequels good, but it had to be done. It was Filoni’s first and successful attempt at delivering the fans what they wanted after being let down.

Clone Wars was basically Filoni showing us how good the prequels could have been. After doing that, he told a compelling story about the birth of the rebellion, which some ramifications are still being felt after the fall of the Empire. It also explored the Jedi/Force mythology far better than the “s against the wall” sequels tried to do when Rey went through her training. 

I understand there is hesitation for some because they are animated, but there is satisfying top-notch storytelling that even rivals the OT in some aspects. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

Ouch!

Now, an official Disney account has poked fun at its own sequels on an official Twitter page. The Disney + Latin America Twitter account took to the platform with a joke using the recent viral 'red flag' meme, in which users playfully share behavior they consider to be worrying. In the post, the Disney+ account wrote, "The latest Star Wars trilogy is the best" before inserting plenty of red flag emojis. 

Disney_SW_Redflag.JPG.ee3ce74072bc864fae20dc38a2670fd2.JPG

The red flag posts have gotten annoying. But this was a shocker.

Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy says characters from the Star Wars sequel trilogy could return in future projects. To say Disney's first batch of Star Wars movies was divisive is a bit of an understatement. While some, like standalone adventure Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, found both critical and box office success, others struggled to win over traditional fans. Disney raised some eyebrows when it announced it would be continuing the Skywalker saga with a new trilogy, and now, two years after it was completed, reception remains very mixed.

The trilogy began with Star Wars: The Force Awakens, a familiar yet fresh movie that introduced audiences to characters like Rey (Daisy Ridley), Finn (John Boyega), and Kylo Ren (Adam Driver). Fans responded positively to the movie and were excited to see what could come next for the new Star Wars generation. However, its sequel, Star Wars: The Last Jedi, divided the fan base with its controversial plot twists and Luke Skywalker's surprising characterization. The trilogy's conclusion, Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, didn't do much to repair what was broken by the previous film.