• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

All sold, Sensation #91, #94, #97, all CGC's, affordable grades and scarce. Wonder Woman #25 CLOSED! Thank you
3 3

31 posts in this topic

I'm going to start this thread with just 3 books, but should be adding more on Saturday.

These are all undercopies, so when you look at the numbers, I already have another copy (so their are less)

It's not easy upgrading these, so I thought perhaps someone else would enjoy a copy of a book you actually don't need a mortgage for;)

DC's from this period were scarce, and Sensation books are for the most part, less available than than the Wonder Woman series.

Shipping is exact. I will use regional boxes where I can if it will save you money. I pack carefully.

I accept PP, Zelle Pay, Checks, Money Orders.  Payment is due within 5 days unless we have made other arrangements. First take it here, or in a PM wins. If there is a tie, my decision as to who is first will be final.

Returns for any reason within 7 days of receipt, packed the way I sent them. Since they are graded, return shipping is paid for by the buyer.

These books come from a smoke free home (take that @Robot Man;)

Edited by skypinkblu

12 minutes ago, whomerjay said:

The Sporting News used to publish the "Baseball Dope Book" every year, full of stats and stories. I think they stopped in the 80's (?). They were great.  Dope probably just meant info. 

Yep - that's exactly what it meant.  What you wanted was the "inside dope," particularly if you liked to gamble (God forbid) on baseball or other sports.  Today, you can't even have a foreign substance like grease or vaseline on your hat if you're a pitcher.

Sensation 33, CGC 5.5 White pages 1944

This was always a tough tough issue to find. There are 23 Universal copies on the census, 27 in total.

As those of you who know the history of Wonder Woman, her author had some unorthodox (at least for the time) ideas.

Bin is $550.00  Sold

Pictures in the next box, I'm having trouble uploading them from my PC.

Edited by skypinkblu

On 7/7/2021 at 8:56 PM, MattTheDuck said:

Yep - that's exactly what it meant.  What you wanted was the "inside dope," particularly if you liked to gamble (God forbid) on baseball or other sports.  Today, you can't even have a foreign substance like grease or vaseline on your hat if you're a pitcher.

or spider tack.  Peter Parker's spin rate would be outer worldly.

16 hours ago, Larryw7 said:

I can't believe these are still here. Great GA books!

I've got a nice unslabbed copy of 33 or I would be all over that book. Too bad it's slabbed as you miss the inside and more of Dr. Marston's unorthodox ideas! Here's a look from my copy.

Sensation33Int1.thumb.jpg.ae9217176ae773601ba28faecec49206.jpg

The back up features aren't bad either!

Sensation33Int2.thumb.jpg.67b85ffcefd9d8409a0cac3063a7dfbc.jpg

Edited by 50YrsCollctngCmcs

On 7/9/2021 at 8:01 AM, skypinkblu said:

Sensation 33, CGC 5.5 White pages 1944

This was always a tough tough issue to find. There are 23 Universal copies on the census, 27 in total.

As those of you who know the history of Wonder Woman, her author had some unorthodox (at least for the time) ideas.

Bin is $550.00

Pictures in the next box, I'm having trouble uploading them from my PC.

:takeit:

13 hours ago, 50YrsCollctngCmcs said:

I've got a nice unslabbed copy of 33 or I would be all over that book. Too bad it's slabbed as you miss the inside and more of Dr. Marston's unorthodox ideas! Here's a look from my copy.

Sensation33Int1.thumb.jpg.ae9217176ae773601ba28faecec49206.jpg

The back up features aren't bad either!

Sensation33Int2.thumb.jpg.67b85ffcefd9d8409a0cac3063a7dfbc.jpg

Well, when you live with your wife and your girlfriend and as as a professor of psychology you are a proponent of bondage...it's a little kinky;) 

His GF was the niece of Margaret Sanger and his wife the inspiration for WW's bracelets...plus he had the idea for lie detectors.

Marston is from the same town I grew up in yet I never became aware of this until I was well into adulthood and stumbled upon this info. You'd think the creator of Wonder Woman would get at least a passing mention in a history or English class in that town (shrug)