• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GA Sale; Mad, Pre-Code Crime & Atlas Horror, other EC, Spirit (Quality and Fiction House); <CLOSED>
5 5

122 posts in this topic

Public Defender In Action #7, 1954 (first issue, formerly Police Trap). Piece missing from cover and another right in the same spot that is barely holding on. Cover is tanning with chips. Complete and attached. Looks better, but the tanning to cover makes me drop it to 2.5.

$15  **SOLD**

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Racket Squad In Action #16, 1955, Charlton. A couple pieces missing from the edges, lots of spine damage, small hole in the bottom right quadrant front, another piece from the back corner. Still attached, and complete. 2.0.

$12   **FINAL PRICE $9**

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Fawcett Movie Comic #20, 1925, Elizabeth Taylor photo cover both front and back. Low grade with a lot of spine wear, general creasing and edge wear. Pretty low grade, but complete and attached. 1.8-1.5.

$10  **FINAL PRICE $8**

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Here is a recap...I don't have any of my bundles listed here, but those are still in play too.

Title Issue Grade Orig Price Current Price  
PAGE 1 Mad 11 2.0 $45 $32  
  Mad 13 1.0 $15 $11  
  Mad 17 1.8 $28 $20  
  Mad 20 2.0 $35 $25  
  Captain Easy 11 2.5 $30 $22  
  Crime Mysteries 11 3.0 $185 $155  
  Justice Comics 21 Inc (CF) $5 $4.50  
  Justice Comics 23 3.5 $25 $22.50  
  Justice Comics 26 5.5 $50 $45  
  Justice Comics 30 CGC 4.5 $90 $81  
  Justice Comics 38 3.0 $18 $16.20  
  Justice Comics 42 5.0 $35 $31.50  
  Justice Comics 47 5.0 $45 $40.50  

PAGE 2 Spy Cases 5 & 19 1.0 & 2.5 $28 $20  
  Showcase 3 1.0 $38 $30  
  All True Crime 51 2.0 $30 $22  
  Approved Comics 5 4.5 $22 $17  
  Crime Incorporated 2 1.0 $22 $17  
  Flash Gordon 4 4.0 $45 $36  
  General Douglas MacArthur nn 4.5 $28 $22  
  Humdinger 4 6.0 $50 $45  

PAGE 3 Wanted Comics 44 4.5 $60 $43  
  Terror Illustrated (EC Mag) 2 3.0 $70 $55  
  Shock Illustrated (EC Mag) 2 4.0 $40 $30  
  On The Spot nn 2.5 $50    
  Don Winslow Of The Navy 36 4.0 $35    

PAGE 4 Piracy 3 4.5 $25    
  Piracy 4 2.0 $15    
  Piracy 5 4.0 $30    
  M.D. 1 3.0 $38    
  M.D. 4 5.0 $45    
  Picture Stories From World History 2 1.0 $12    
  Spirit, The (Quality) 2 3.0 $80    
  Spirit, The (Quality) 6 3.0 $60    
  Spirit, The (Quality) 10 5.0 $100    
  Spirit, The (Ficiton House) 1 3.0 $125    
  Spirit, The (Ficiton House) 4 8.0 $950    
  Wow Comics 27 2.0 $60 $48  
  Police Against Crime 8 2.0 $20    

PAGE 5 Public Defender In Action 7 2.5 $15    
  Rookie Cop 28 4.0 $10    
  Racket Squad In Action 16 2.0 $12    
  Fawcett Movie Comic 20 1.8 $10    
  Funny Animals 25 3.0 $15    
  Terry And The Pirates nn 4.0 $5    
  Little Orphan Annie nn 8.5 $20    

A few more, and then we will just see on the BA stuff I have been sorting.

The Best From Boys' Life Comics #3, 1958. Pretty solid copy with some spine wear on that big squarebound, some edge wear including a corner crease or two, non color breaking indentions on both front and back. It's attractive, but plenty of flaws when you look closely. Let's call it 5.0.

$15  **FINAL PRICE $11**

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Marvel Tales #101, 1951. I think this one is 3.0. Multiple edge tears to the front cover with the biggest being center right edge (maybe 2.5"). Various creases, and spine wear. Interior is very nice. Back cover nicer than the front. Complete and attached, but pulling at the staples. Both are still attached, but just the normal pulling. No spine splitting...no pieces missing. <checks eBay> I don't claim expert status, but some people need to go to grading school.

$130  **SOLD**

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

4 hours ago, elibowman said:

Public Defender In Action #7, 1954 (first issue, formerly Police Trap). Piece missing from cover and another right in the same spot that is barely holding on. Cover is tanning with chips. Complete and attached. Looks better, but the tanning to cover makes me drop it to 2.5.

$15

image.jpg

image.jpg

Take

Marvel Tales #108, 1952. I have this one a step higher than the last, at 3.5. Body of the cover is very nice with minimal wear, and great colors. Chip at bottom spine (both front and back), blunted corners, chip at the top, and just a bit of age on the covers and pages. Still supple, but not as white as the last book. Still, complete and solidly attached. I could easily see calling this 4.0. Better cover (IMO) and a bit nicer overall than the last...

$145  **SOLD**

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

10 hours ago, elibowman said:

Piracy #3, 1955, Crandall cover. Looks pretty solid with no major issues to note. A small piece of tape on interior front, but I can't figure out why it's there. Complete and attached. However, there is tape on the interior length of the cover. I don't know why it's there, or how it got there because the cover is not split/detached. See the two spoiler pics for the faint yellowed line where the old tape sits (1st pic is back, 2nd pic is front upside down). Looks 4.5, but I am dropping the price because I am confused by this tape. 

Let's try $25 for this book that looks way better than that.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hide contents

image.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

image.jpg

:takeit:

Marvel Tales #126, 1954. There was a point in time where I thought to myself, "I should just go collect every Harry Anderson cover out there." Ha.....dreams. This one is tight and complete with some corner creasing, a wide dust shadow right front, and some spine wear. Without the dust shadow, seems an easy 4.5 to me. Not sure if that shadow is half or full grade drop. Since I am the seller, I guess I will go with half...ha! Seriously, please take a look at that one, and decide what you think.

$95  **SOLD**

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman