• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GA Sale; Mad, Pre-Code Crime & Atlas Horror, other EC, Spirit (Quality and Fiction House); <CLOSED>
5 5

122 posts in this topic

I am actually kind of mad at myself for listing that last book, so I am going to stop for a while. Shoot me an offer on anything that seems off price-wise (especially on multiples). If any one book in the listed bundles sells, then the bundle deals are off (I hope that was obvious).

Ok...in an effort to get over letting that last book go, I am going to list a few more. 

Men Against Crime #5, 1951, Ace Magazines. This is a really sharp book. It needs a press, as some of the spine wear is non-color breaking. Good colors and gloss, flat, well attached, "S" written in pencil on cover. I think this is at least a 6.0 or 6.5 as it sits.

$50  **NOW $40**  **SOLD!**

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Spy Cases low grade lot of #5 and #19, 1951 and 1953, Atlas. #5 is very low grade at 1.0, but complete. Spine is pretty ragged, but it seems to be the worst of it. #19 is a 2.5, but some weird soiling, and a detached top staple are worth noting. (I will take some pics outside the bag if you want, but just trying to speed along).

$28 NOW $25 **NOW $20** for the pair.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

One to restart today, and we will see how many I can get listed. 

Showcase #3, 1956, rough shape. Large spine split, cover detached at bottom staple, and barely hanging on at the top (so weak you should just consider it detached too), wrinkles, creasing, edge tears, and a large piece missing from the back cover. Rough, complete, interior well attached. I think it's a 1.0, but your mileage may vary. 

$38  NOW $33 **NOW $30**

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

All True Crime #51, 1952, Atlas. Tape the length of the spine, but looks preventative instead of reactionary. Name in pen on cover, general creasing and wear, no pieces missing, and all complete and attached. I think it's a 2.0.

$30  NOW $25 **NOW $22**

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Approved Comics #5, 1954, St. John. Norm Saunders painted parachute cover alert!! (for the record, comics.org says "?", but who else is it going to be?) Solid copy with good gloss. Miscut at the binder that you can see, surface wear, solid and tight. Complete copy that is well attached. Let's go 4.5, but she sure is pretty.

$22  NOW $19 NOW $17  **SOLD PER PM**

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Crime Incorporated #2, 1950, Fox Feature, low grade. Spine is completely split and detached. It is reattached with three added staples, but only the top two are doing much. Chipping and other issues that don't really affect the grade from there. I know that OSPG says a full spine split gets 0.5, but this one doesn't seem to deserve such a bad grade just on appearance. It looks ok, and is complete, and pages are reasonably supple. 1.0?

$22  NOW $19 **NOW $17**

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Flash Gordon #4, 1950 , Harvey. Solid and well attached copy. White cover shows some aging around the edges, and some moderate surface wear. Grease pencil on the cover that looks to be some sort of shipping or arrival code, but not an obvious date. Let's call it a very nice 4.0.

$45  NOW $40 NOW $36    **FINAL PRICE $32**

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Murder Incorporated, Vol 2 #2, 1950, Fox Feature. Low grade copy that I got here on the boards (from Gene, maybe? Rickster? Can't remember now). Very neat tape job on the spine that I believe was some old collector's calling card. Tape also reinforces the interior edges of the covers. Again, lots of care taken to do a neat job here. Lots of surface wear to go with it. No tears to speak of, and all attached. 1.8? Asking what I gave for it.

$25  **SOLD**

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

General Douglas MacArthur one shot, 1951, Fox Feature. Edge and surface wear (especially bottom of both covers). Lays flat and tight, and all complete and attached. I think it's a 4.5.

$28  NOW $25 NOW $22   **SOLD PER PM**

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Humdinger Vol. 1 #4, 1946, Novelty Press. I bought this locally as a Fine, and I think that is about right. Front really pops with color on the interesting art. Back cover has some wear, and the top staple is pulling. Complete and attached. 

$50  **NOW $45**

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman