• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Howard the Duck

29 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, MattTheDuck said:

Absolutely, but I doubt that impacted Twitter yesterday.

Nope, that was not the case. It was for the “What if...?” show. Wouldn’t surprise me if he ends up getting a Disney+ show of some sort. 

15 hours ago, Karl Liebl said:

is Something going on? I never understood why one of the hottest Bronze Age books became so worthless. Looks like there is some movie news...

It was only hot because it was the genesis of the 'hot pumped book'.  It deflated like a balloon when the stories became repetitious.

I loved HTD and the various villians.  Master of Quack Fu is one of my favorite BA tales, but by issue 12 I was buying it just to because it was a Marvel and my world would collapse if I missed one.  I could only take Steve Gerber in small doses.

1 hour ago, Amazeron said:

His first movie was a complete flop. Not all, but I would think some people would be cautious about giving him a second chance.

I wonder how many of these people have even seen that movie though? 

39 minutes ago, Mecha_Fantastic said:

I wonder how many of these people have even seen that movie though? 

:acclaim:

The Bronze Age series doesn’t read as well now as the satire is dated and of its time, but still very nostalgic for many readers who were kids back then, perhaps a bit of a relic for many others, though.

I still like the bizarre characters and some of the more surreal aspects of Gerber’s stories.

32 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:

Something happening besides HTD in the What if trailer? My HTD#1 CGC 9.8 WP sold on Clink last night for $619....:tonofbricks: I was hoping for at least 750.

Not that I know of. Just that we've now got a trailer for the series and know that Seth Green is reprising his role as the voice of Howard. 

2 minutes ago, Mecha_Fantastic said:

Not that I know of. Just that we've now got a trailer for the series and know that Seth Green is reprising his role as the voice of Howard. 

Interesting I didn't even know that lol

Hes reprising it? Does that mean hes done it before?  If so when, that would be interesting as well..... :)

1 hour ago, Ken Aldred said:

Garko The Man-Frog, Hellcow, Pro Rata, Space Turnip, Doctor Bong…

Unforgettable characters.

Looking forward to seeing them life size at the George Lucas Museum, USA. Yes, Master of Quack-fu next to a Frank Frazetta oil painting.

25 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Interesting I didn't even know that lol

Hes reprising it? Does that mean hes done it before?  If so when, that would be interesting as well..... :)

Just for the mid-credits scene in Guardians Of The Galaxy 1, and 2.