• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Fantasy #15 - Blue or Green Label?
2 2

11 posts in this topic

Hi all!

I am new to this forum, as well as new to being a CGC member.

I've been collecting comics (mostly vintage and first appearances) for the last 15 years or so, and the bulk of my comics are NOT graded.  I guess I'm old school and still like being able to physically hold issues.

That being said, I have some duplicates that I may sell soon and since I can't decide necessarily which are better, I may start getting things graded, so I can keep the better copy and sell the other.

THAT aside, this thread is about my Amazing Fantasy #15.   

It's in relatively poor condition, but still a decent cover and better than many crappy ones out there.   

The major flaw is it is missing the last ad page (doesn't affect story).   

If I was to get this graded, do I have to request Blue label vs Green label or does CGC decide?  How does that work?

And what's even better... a blue label as a 0.5 or a green label that could come back as a 2.0-3.0 or something...?   What would be worth more in the long run?

I've seen people selling individual pages of this book for thousands of dollars each (not that people are quick to buy those).   Just because of one missing unaffected story ad page, if that makes my copy so much less valuable, is it worth just tearing the book apart and selling each page solo?!  LOL JOKES.  But still, any advice is welcomed.

-SD

P1020268.JPG

20210712_200824.jpg

Edited by SuperDave08

This thread was already on page 2 because I created it Thursday but only got approved today.  

I am less concerned about overall grading feedback and more concerned about the difference on blue vs green label.  All feedback welcomed!  Thanks so much!

I would go Green label and get the book graded as if the book was complete. The label will be green and it will note the missing page not affecting the story, however, astute buyers will still understand and value the condition of the book with the *asterik. 

I can't give a grade without at least another pic - that of the back cover - but in the case of missing an ad page that doesn't affect the story, I agree with @Funnybooks and would request a Qualified grade. IMO it's be more appealing than a Universal 0.5.

Thanks for sharing this copy.

15 minutes ago, grendelbo said:

I can't give a grade without at least another pic - that of the back cover - but in the case of missing an ad page that doesn't affect the story, I agree with @Funnybooks and would request a Qualified grade. IMO it's be more appealing than a Universal 0.5.

Thanks for sharing this copy.

Thanks for your advice.   So far, Green Label seems to be the favored suggestion.

I don't even see any Qualified copies on eBay, but do see a couple 0.5 blue labels.

I wouldn't be selling this one anyway, but I think I'd want to grade it in the manner it would be more appealing to others IF one day I was forced to let it go.

I attached a back cover photo.  Cheers, and thanks.

19 minutes ago, Funnybooks said:

2.5/3.0 blue would be fair

9 minutes ago, Deadpoolica said:

agreed 2.5/3 green

More likely 2.5 methinks, but yes.

Thanks for adding that back cover. F that missing page. It's still a nice copy.

4 minutes ago, grendelbo said:

More likely 2.5 methinks, but yes.

Thanks for adding that back cover. F that missing page. It's still a nice copy.

can't disagree...I think the front cover is just nice enough to offset the chip bc to maybe get the 3.0

It’s a 1.0 (Fair) for me since it’s missing a non story page….…..but for cgc it will likely get a .5 Blue or a green 2.5. You used to be able to decline any potential green labels and request blue only (assuming it wasn’t a PLOD)…not sure if you can still request that with cgc today….?