• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What’s up with Ernie Gerber Enterprises?
6 6

191 posts in this topic

About 6 weeks ago after trying 4 or 5 times to order mylars through them by phone, I finally got through. 

I spoke to a nice, helpful lady who’s voice I recognized from previous orders. I placed a decent size order for several hundred mylars and full backs of varying sizes. 

She patiently took my order and credit card info. Been 6 weeks now with no delivery or communication. I have tried several times to call them on different days and times and get nothing but their answering machine. 

Should I be concerned or are they just slow? Could they still trying to catch from possible covid issues? Would love to hear from those of you who have recently ordered supplies from them. Thanks! 

4 hours ago, Robot Man said:

About 6 weeks ago after trying 4 or 5 times to order mylars through them by phone, I finally got through. 

I spoke to a nice, helpful lady who’s voice I recognized from previous orders. I placed a decent size order for several hundred mylars and full backs of varying sizes. 

She patiently took my order and credit card info. Been 6 weeks now with no delivery or communication. I have tried several times to call them on different days and times and get nothing but their answering machine. 

Should I be concerned or are they just slow? Could they still trying to catch from possible covid issues? Would love to hear from those of you who have recently ordered supplies from them. Thanks! 

I ordered 2000 775R Archives last July and it took four months for the order to be filled during the pandemic.

I asked a few months ago about how long it would take to get more and was told that they weren't making archives at that time.

Not sure if you ordered mylites or mylars but it may still be a supply chain issue. 

Edited by greggy

I ordered during the pandemic, and it was much slower than normal, which is completely understandable.  The lockdowns had massive supply chain issues that we are all still feeling.  Look at the price of lumber with demand soaring due to people being home to do projects but no one available to mill the wood. My suggestion is to check in over the phone if it goes much longer, but I wouldn’t worry too much, they are a great company and will ultimately get you taken care of. I remember mine was longer than they stated, and what they had stated was longer than any pre-pandemic order.  Good news is that as things are getting back to normal these issues will work themselves out naturally over time. 

Edited by SkOw

I'm surprised this topic hasn't come up sooner.

But it's not just Gerber.  I placed an order with Gerber June 1.  I normally order by the pallet, but was told this time that supplies were being rationed, and I was limited as to what I could order of any specific item, and would have to wait 2-3 weeks before placing another.  As I said, that order is at 6 weeks so far.  Later in the month I placed a second order as the first order won't even cover my own needs, let alone customers.  This order I'm told may not arrive until September or October.  I went to Bags Unlimited and ordered some back-up, at a higher price.  Got an email 2 days later telling me they are out of stock indefinitely.  BCW shows out of stock.  Diamond doesn't even list the main sizes of mylars right now.

Could find no articles out there specific to comics collecting. But in general it appears there is a nationwide shortage of many plastic and paper products, especially bags.  Some grocery chains are dealing with bag shortages as well.  The supply chains have been severely disrupted.  So far, we've had better luck with poly bag products, by mylars are evidently a no-show everywhere.

We've posted letting our customers know that it appears unlikely we will have any mylar/mylites for sale anytime for the remainder of 2021.

I’ll bet they come from China. Had a hard time getting top loaders for my daughter’s sports cards. Was told they come from China. 

I live on the West Coast by the beach and the port of LA. I have noticed a large amount of cargo ships anchored in the ocean for 6 months. My neighbor who works at the port says they don’t have enough people to unload them nor do they have truck drivers to deliver goods. So much for unemployment around here. 

I guess I might have to go back to cleaner’s bags and chicken boxes soon...

4 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Don't know what you consider recent, my last order was in November when I ordered 2,000 halfbacks. I was surprised when they showed up in only a week or so.

But this is good information to have - I was planning on placing an order for pickup when I (hopefully) go to the Baltimore Comic Con, so I might not wait as long as I had planned now.

Thankfully, I was able to procure another 2000 775R Archives from Derek Woywood but he's been busy with work so he hasn't had the time to ship them out yet.  I still have around 1800 left from my previous orders so I'm pretty good for now. 

I ordered some BCW supplies earlier this year & their plastic comic bins have been back ordered - up to two months the last time I ordered.

I see the supply chain messed up at my work too. From plastics to metals and circuit boards - stuff we can usually get/source in a few weeks or less has been pushed out to 6 months or more. This has been going on all year & into last year as well. Just wasn’t as noticeable last year.

Brenda, the lady that answers the phone for E. Gerber Products said she was told to say the current TAT is 8-10 weeks plus delivery time. The bad news kept coming. I was sad to learn they only sell Mylites+ bags to retailers now instead of the general public. 100 current Mylites for $18 was a steal. Now retailers are selling them for $45-$60 a pack. Also, they are no longer producing Mylite4's. I didn't like them at first but I learned to appreciate them once I found the proper sized board for the right fit. 

I wish someone with plenty of manufacturing capital would buy that company because it is poorly managed. So much income potential with the demand for their product as high as it is. Sadly, they are still a mom-n-pop type operation.

On 7/10/2021 at 1:25 PM, greggy said:

I ordered 2000 775R Archives last July and it took four months for the order to be filled during the pandemic.

I asked a few months ago about how long it would take to get more and was told that they weren't making archives at that time.

Not sure if you ordered mylites or mylars but it may still be a supply chain issue. 

I was planning on ordering Archives sleeves tomorrow. 

:tonofbricks:

Just now, letsgrumble said:

I was planning on ordering Archives sleeves tomorrow. 

:tonofbricks:

I emailed them on May 6th so it may have changed by now.  

20 hours ago, kairos70 said:

Brenda, the lady that answers the phone for E. Gerber Products said she was told to say the current TAT is 8-10 weeks plus delivery time. The bad news kept coming. I was sad to learn they only sell Mylites+ bags to retailers now instead of the general public. 100 current Mylites for $18 was a steal. Now retailers are selling them for $45-$60 a pack. Also, they are no longer producing Mylite4's. I didn't like them at first but I learned to appreciate them once I found the proper sized board for the right fit. 

Is that the case for all their Mylite product or just the Mylite+ product?

I typically order Mylite2 bags and was going to order some more in the near future.