• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this some split a known defect on Magnus Robot Fighter 7?
1 1

4 posts in this topic

Usually mycomicshop is on point with the grading. But I just got this VF book that has the entire spine split between the staples. Either a production defect or a previous owner sliced it up, dont know. If it is a defect, is it common on this book?

20210716_204623.jpg

Edited by William-James88

That does not sound like something that should be common.  It is probably a defect or mishandling from a prior owner.

Any pictures? 

I believe my Dad has every issue of MRF (I assume you're talking Gold Key and not Valiant?).  I can take a peek at his outta curiosity.

9 hours ago, SuperDave08 said:

That does not sound like something that should be common.  It is probably a defect or mishandling from a prior owner.

Any pictures? 

I believe my Dad has every issue of MRF (I assume you're talking Gold Key and not Valiant?).  I can take a peek at his outta curiosity.

It's the 90s series,  here is a pic

20210716_204623.jpg

The cover stock Valiant used on their earliest issues seemed prone to splitting along the spine.  There are lots of people disappointed with the grade of their Harbinger 1's due to spine splits. 

But it is a prone to thing. Not a common manufacturing defect.  VF is much to high a grade if the entire spine area between staples is split. MCS is usually fairly strict so they probably just missed this defect.