• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sandman Page 1, #26 signed by Neil Gaiman along with his Morpheus sketch.
1 1

28 posts in this topic

You don't need to get this graded/CGCd - it's original art/one of a kind so you would just normally note any condition issues (tears, whiteout, stats, etc) when trying to sell.  But yes, this is worth something.  Probably north of 2k without digging in to Kelley Jones pages from Sandman without Sandman on them and their closing prices.

On 7/20/2021 at 12:27 PM, GotSuperPowers? said:

You don't need to get this graded/CGCd - it's original art/one of a kind so you would just normally note any condition issues (tears, whiteout, stats, etc) when trying to sell.  But yes, this is worth something.  Probably north of 2k without digging in to Kelley Jones pages from Sandman without Sandman on them and their closing prices.

Well north of $2K in today's crazy market.

On 7/20/2021 at 1:40 PM, seventy-two said:

I was offered 6 for it, but I'm not sure I want to part with it.  I know prices fluctuate, but I just wanted more professional opinions.  Thank you for commenting.

The Gaiman Morpheus sketch is pretty neat and adds to the pages' overall appeal.  The page has a lot going for it (Season of Mists storyline, head sketch, gatekeepers, Jones art, Sandman series in development presently), however, its also missing a primary (or secondary) character from the series to make it more desirable.

If you're not in need of immediate funds, I'd say its a $10K page to the right buyer this month with a word of caution that the valuation may change rapidly.

Edited by jjonahjameson11

On 7/20/2021 at 11:40 AM, seventy-two said:

I was offered 6 for it, but I'm not sure I want to part with it.  I know prices fluctuate, but I just wanted more professional opinions.  Thank you for commenting.

$6K is probably a good number right now...
If you don't need to sell it, or you're not looking to obtain a different piece, then hang onto it.
You'd likely get an even higher return right when the Sandman Netflix series debuts, if you want to sell.

This is one of the best Sandman artists in one of the best Sandman storylines - really cool piece.

Thank you for the comments. Very insightful and appreciated.  

On 7/20/2021 at 3:53 PM, rlextherobot said:

Sandman pages aren't exactly easy to come by, and with the show well into production I'd say chances are this will go up quite a lot between now and whenever the first episode airs. 

Just as reference, we’ve had some dollar figures thrown out. If you were to turn the page..... 

I don’t know the dollar value but you do have something very cool.....the opening page that sets the tone for a very interesting gathering. To me a very memorable story. 

page 2 ⬇️

D5D9139A-8EE7-44C5-B0F8-E5AE67264801.thumb.jpeg.2992af1b454b3b33b58805a8717a09c6.jpeg

Edited by grapeape

On 7/20/2021 at 7:30 PM, mtlevy1 said:

Not many public sales for Sandman pages - a few did pop up recently and sold quite strong

$7 - 10K for this feels fine to me but I am not most expert

Sounds like the consensus is around 7-10k. Thank you for your reply. 

The lack of characters is a big negative. 

The storyline is a big positive.

I think the sig and doodle are cool as well. Normally I don't think they matter, but in this case they help, and could make it desirable as a "one-and-done" page for the numerous collectors who want a representative piece. 

I say put it in HA or CLink.

On 7/21/2021 at 12:18 AM, J.Sid said:

The lack of characters is a big negative. 

The storyline is a big positive.

I think the sig and doodle are cool as well. Normally I don't think they matter, but in this case they help, and could make it desirable as a "one-and-done" page for the numerous collectors who want a representative piece. 

I say put it in HA or CLink.

What is HA or CLink?  Thank you for your input.