• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WILL CGC ACCEPT A CBCS SLAB TO GRADE???

11 posts in this topic

So I just purchased a comic that is in a cbcs slab and I have never opened up a slab and was wondering if I could just send in the CBCS slab and they open it and and can grade it them selves? I have watched videos and am pretty confident i could do it just don't want to mess up since i spent 1k on it and don't think its a good one to practice on lol 

Yes.

Edit: NOPE! Ignore the rest of this.

In fact, they offer a "Crossover" service that gives you a discount on grading fees for doing just that -- but you probably only want to Crossover if you're not sending in a bunch of other books at the same time. It's considered a different service level, and so Crossover books will be sent back separately (doubling up on shipping if you had sent the CBCS slab in along with raws).

Edited by Qalyar

On 7/22/2021 at 1:14 AM, Qalyar said:

Yes.

In fact, they offer a "Crossover" service that gives you a discount on grading fees for doing just that -- but you probably only want to Crossover if you're not sending in a bunch of other books at the same time. It's considered a different service level, and so Crossover books will be sent back separately (doubling up on shipping if you had sent the CBCS slab in along with raws).

Do they still offer a discount? I thought that was a limited-time thing.

On 7/22/2021 at 1:06 AM, Thenewguy said:

So I just purchased a comic that is in a cbcs slab and I have never opened up a slab and was wondering if I could just send in the CBCS slab and they open it and and can grade it them selves? I have watched videos and am pretty confident i could do it just don't want to mess up since i spent 1k on it and don't think its a good one to practice on lol 

Yes

Edited by William-James88

Yes, don't recommend opening it yourself. When I send in graded books for inhouse signings, I believe there is a $5 charge to remove but they are the experts so I let them do it. 

A few years ago, when the first started the cross over?, I sent some PGX and CBCS slabs to get graded by CGC and had a positive experience. Most came back the same grade, 2 did go down slightly but my most pleasant surprise was Iron Man 128 was sent in as 9.2 PGX and came back 9.4 CGC. Net/Net is you need to also take into account, you may not get the same grade.

On 7/22/2021 at 12:06 AM, Thenewguy said:

Why not keep it in th CBCS slab--just curious :)