• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

First time submitter, turn around time question

7 posts in this topic

Hello. I have a turn around time question. Currently it appears for Modern comic books the current turn around time is 144/93 working days. Is this from the time the books were received or from the time they were opened (currently opening submissions delivered the week of May 17, 2021)? My books were received on the 18th of May and I'm just trying to do the math on when I should start getting excited...October-ish or sometime early next year.

Thank you :)

My submission (3837116) was received back in April. It remained in storage for a couple of weeks before it was opened and officially recorded as being received.  When it was first submitted the turnaround time posted was 85 days. Since that time the turnaround time has continually gone up to where it is today at 144 days.  An actual turnaround time was not listed on my submission when you officially received it, so hopefully you recognize why I am not sure if I will see my books returned this year.   You keep changing the turnaround dates.

Can you clarify when I might expect my submission to be completed based on the date you registered it and the turnaround times you post on your site?  As of today would I expect my submission to be completed

A) 144 days from the date it was submitted or

B) 85 days from the date of submission, or

C) some other time?? 

If it is based on the number of orders in front of me then I would I expect the answer would be B) 85 days, but it is not clear.  Please clarify.

As an aside, it would be helpful if you provide an expected completion time on the submission when it is registered and update that rather than posting some generic amount of time.  That would put some perspective to when books would be shipped back to their owners. 

On 7/23/2021 at 9:08 AM, Jennifer F. said:

Good morning,

Thanks for your message.  The turnaround times start from approximately when your package is delivered.  

Thank you!

Thank you Jennifer.

On 7/23/2021 at 9:56 AM, Jamie Murphy said:

My submission (3837116) was received back in April. It remained in storage for a couple of weeks before it was opened and officially recorded as being received.  When it was first submitted the turnaround time posted was 85 days. Since that time the turnaround time has continually gone up to where it is today at 144 days.  An actual turnaround time was not listed on my submission when you officially received it, so hopefully you recognize why I am not sure if I will see my books returned this year.   You keep changing the turnaround dates.

Can you clarify when I might expect my submission to be completed based on the date you registered it and the turnaround times you post on your site?  As of today would I expect my submission to be completed

A) 144 days from the date it was submitted or

B) 85 days from the date of submission, or

C) some other time?? 

If it is based on the number of orders in front of me then I would I expect the answer would be B) 85 days, but it is not clear.  Please clarify.

As an aside, it would be helpful if you provide an expected completion time on the submission when it is registered and update that rather than posting some generic amount of time.  That would put some perspective to when books would be shipped back to their owners. 

Thank you too Jamie. I like your suggestion of an "expected completion time". More communication is better than no communication.

Just noticed that the modern delivery time has gone back down to 105 days from the 144 it had been. Very happy with that. 

I have one order that has not been opened yet for several books but my reholder package was opened that was delivered several days after that one.