• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Now I am officially sad!!!!

45 posts in this topic

I tied really hard to ignore the urge to sell my keys but these prices are too much to ignore not to mention the ability to pay off debt...

But RIP...  I hope u find a good home...   

Gsxm 1

Hulk 180 181 182 

Xmen 101

Asm 252

AND NO I AM NOT TRYING TO ADVERTISE!!!

I am really upset...:(

On 7/27/2021 at 10:56 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Paying off debt > holding onto comics.

That was the final straw...  when the monthly interest is more than the speed of the value appreciation... :frown:

On 7/28/2021 at 12:51 AM, god503 said:

I tied really hard to ignore the urge to sell my keys but these prices are too much to ignore not to mention the ability to pay off debt...

Gsxm 1

Hulk 180 181 182 

Xmen 101

Asm 252

It's a loss, yes, but look at how much money you're saving yourself by selling so few books. It obviously make mathematical sense for you, and is a solution many wish they could have, so consider it a spot of luck, of well-placed investing paying off to help you in life further yourself. 

I'd be upset too, but to clear debt at these prices, it's a no-brainer.

I've thought of doing the same thing god503 but with my GA Caps.  I could clear some serious debt with the 20 I have but I'd likely never get them back unless I change careers or there's a major correction in the comic market.  I'm not sure which is more likely hm

But then my #1 goal of collecting every golden age Captain America comic (which, realistically, is already a pipe dream) would come tumbling down for good and I am not sure what would happen to me.  I'd be debt free but with no purpose, perhaps just wandering comic shops starring at the back walls like an aimless, goalless wraith ???

But I do wish you the best of luck in realizing the best prices you can for you books! 

On 7/27/2021 at 12:22 PM, GoldCap said:

I've thought of doing the same thing god503 but with my GA Caps.  I could clear some serious debt with the 20 I have but I'd likely never get them back unless I change careers or there's a major correction in the comic market.  I'm not sure which is more likely hm

But then my #1 goal of collecting every golden age Captain America comic (which, realistically, is already a pipe dream) would come tumbling down for good and I am not sure what would happen to me.  I'd be debt free but with no purpose, perhaps just wandering comic shops starring at the back walls like an aimless, goalless wraith ???

But I do wish you the best of luck in realizing the best prices you can for you books! 

The only real emotional attachment I have are to my McFarlane spidermans...  those I am planning to hold on to as he was my favorite artist growing up and made me fall in love with spiderman.  Tops being a ams 300 9.8 with 5 sigs NEWSTAND... that one will tempted me as those prices are just crazy.  I wanted to hold on to my collection and use it to put my 2 young daughters thru college with then but some of these prices that they demand I just can't ignore..   

Edited by god503

On 7/27/2021 at 7:01 PM, shadroch said:

There are two kinds of debt. Good debts and bad debts. Good debt is your house.  Anything else is bad debt.  If you have $10,000 or more in bad debt and are sitting on $50,000 worth of hobby material, you are walking the wrong road. 

Selling some of your stuff in order to be free of bad debt will be liberating.  Very few of us will be known for the comics we die with. 

Wise words sir. Very few people know how much I’m into comics never mind what I own. 

Thsnkfully , for now ( and things can change quickly ) I’m ok so no need to sell, but if / when the time comes I’d happily part with some. Basically family before my collection. 

On 7/27/2021 at 7:51 AM, god503 said:

Gsxm 1

Hulk 180 181 182 

Xmen 101

Asm 252

Oh God, you waiting about a month too long to optimize return. Slight downside now, as the market heads to $40K by year's end, and then pushed up even more soon after, you may want to consider holding these until the hobby picks up again after the Summer. 

On 7/27/2021 at 7:51 AM, god503 said:

Gsxm 1

Hulk 180 181 182 

Xmen 101

Asm 252

very sad news.  you walked a 1000 miles for those books.

On 7/27/2021 at 4:28 PM, James J Johnson said:

Oh God, you waiting about a month too long to optimize return. Slight downside now, as the market heads to $40K by year's end, and then pushed up even more soon after, you may want to consider holding these until the hobby picks up again after the Summer. 

No rush to sell.  I listed them pretty high...  I can wait for the market to catch up with them since they are unique books.  All Sig series.

On 7/27/2021 at 2:03 PM, Nic8612 said:

"Man, that guy died with no debt. How cool!" - said no one, ever

I'm trying to die with as much debt as possible. Going to take my last breath swiping a credit card for something dumb

I hope you realize your debt doesn't die with you, but gets passed on to your estate and heirs.  

On 7/27/2021 at 1:54 PM, god503 said:

No rush to sell.  I listed them pretty high...  I can wait for the market to catch up with them since they are unique books.  All Sig series.

This is what I did with a bunch of books. I listed them well above GPA and they eventually sold. Don't have a fire sale.