• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED Iganatz' massive SA/BA sale.
14 14

1,115 posts in this topic

On 8/2/2021 at 7:35 PM, iganatz said:

Obv correct and usually the first movie people think of when you mention McQueen.  For my money, his best movie's The Cincinnati Kid.  And who can forget The Blob?

XtraWinnerDevilDinosaur.thumb.jpg.881643a4be0a8275e6de38ac06a2063b.jpg

:facepalm:

Definitely should have thought of those. Just got back home two weeks ago from visiting family in Cincinnati.  

Thank you!

On 8/2/2021 at 7:35 PM, iganatz said:

Obv correct and usually the first movie people think of when you mention McQueen.  For my money, his best movie's The Cincinnati Kid.  And who can forget The Blob?

XtraWinnerDevilDinosaur.thumb.jpg.881643a4be0a8275e6de38ac06a2063b.jpg

Yes, I feel the same way about "The Cincinnati Kid" being McQueen's best movie.  Even better then the "Sand Pebbles".  

Edited by musicmeta

On 8/2/2021 at 8:59 PM, musicmeta said:

Yes, I feel the same way about "The Cincinnati Kid" being McQueens best movie.  Even better then the "Sand Pebbles".  

I'm kind of biased as poker is my biggest hobby (yes bigger than comics!) and has at times been a second job for me.  The poker in that movie is as ludicrous as it is in Rounders (which I also love) but the performances are so incredible I don't care. McQueen, Edward G, Karl Malden, Ann Margaret, Tuesday Weld, Joan Blondell, Rip Torn, a murderers row of actors and they all kill in that movie. 

On 8/2/2021 at 7:57 PM, iganatz said:

Next FREEBIE. Claim this freebie by naming a movie 1956-1984 starring Arnold Schwarzenegger:

Bragging rights to those who don't go with the two most obvious answers.

000FreebieTor.thumb.jpg.506ca270f2a18ac7f8ae6d3f253f21ff.jpg

OK then how about the 3rd most obvious answer. 

Pumping Iron 

On 8/2/2021 at 7:57 PM, iganatz said:

Next FREEBIE. Claim this freebie by naming a movie 1956-1984 starring Arnold Schwarzenegger:

Bragging rights to those who don't go with the two most obvious answers.

000FreebieTor.thumb.jpg.506ca270f2a18ac7f8ae6d3f253f21ff.jpg

The Villain, Red Sonja, Hercules in New York! 

On 8/2/2021 at 9:06 PM, PhishermanDave said:

OK then how about the 3rd most obvious answer. 

Pumping Iron 

Yep.  Stay Hungry is probably his first good movie and it always cracks me up to watch Hercules in New York with some voice actor dubbed over Arnold's lines because the producers didn't think anyone would be able to understand his thick Austrian accent.

XtraWinnerDrStrange2.jpg.1e8da770ee8d470f7ef41eac100bd109.jpg

On 8/2/2021 at 8:06 PM, iganatz said:

I'm kind of biased as poker is my biggest hobby (yes bigger than comics!) and has at times been a second job for me.  The poker in that movie is as ludicrous as it is in Rounders (which I also love) but the performances are so incredible I don't care. McQueen, Edward G, Karl Malden, Ann Margaret, Tuesday Weld, Joan Blondell, Rip Torn, a murderers row of actors and they all kill in that movie. 

Funny,  I used to play poker all the time about every weekend and few week nights as well.  Love that game.  I like Rounders too but to me "The Cincinnati Kid" is a lot better.  
Another movie about poker is "Give the Little Lady a Big Hand" starring Henry Fonda and Joanne Woodward.  That was a really good card movie too.

Edited by musicmeta

On 8/2/2021 at 9:21 PM, musicmeta said:

Funny,  I used to play poker all the time about every weekend and few week nights as well.  Love that game.  I like Rounders too but to me "The Cincinnati Kid" is a lot better.  
Another movie about poker is "Give the Little a Big Hand" starring Henry Fonda and Joanne Woodward.  That was a really good card movie too.

A Big Hand For The Little Lady and yes a classic.

On 8/2/2021 at 9:21 PM, musicmeta said:

Another movie about poker is "Give the Little a Big Hand" starring Henry Fonda and Joanne Woodward.  That was a really good card movie too.

How are the card rooms in Texas?  You don't have legal online poker down there do you?