• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Survive this blackout?
4 4

96 posts in this topic

On 7/30/2021 at 4:11 PM, wiparker824 said:

Upgrading the servers from Windows 95, takes awhile... got to find the AOL disc with the free hours, plug in the modem but make sure nobody is on the phone or it won't work. It was a whole thing I'd imagine. 

The Free trial was over.. 20210730_161439.jpg.52f7ca5ddae1ccb086435c6a96f3cebe.jpg

Edited by onlyweaknesskryptonite
Is it Friday yet?

On 7/30/2021 at 3:11 PM, wiparker824 said:

Upgrading the servers from Windows 95, takes awhile... got to find the AOL disc with the free hours, plug in the modem but make sure nobody is on the phone or it won't work. It was a whole thing I'd imagine. 

Sad thing is, 95 is way more stable than any other OS they've ever put out 

I added three entires to my Sports Card Collecting Journal

The NFL Legal Troubles Collection.

I might scan another one of my chase auto cards and post it before the end of the evening. 

I just added Greg "Let's blame the Uber driver for transporting drugs" Robinson. 

Edited by Buzzetta

On 7/30/2021 at 2:32 PM, Buzzetta said:

I added three entires to my Sports Card Collecting Journal

which you did not have to do.

On 7/30/2021 at 3:10 PM, piper said:

Why was the board down this time? 

Was there a notification that the system would be down?

They never give a notice. People pay money to use this board for business so you'd think they would let everyone know when they have to do some maintenance. But never a notice. Never an explanation. Never an apology. Oh no not from CGC who are the gods of the comic industry. Frankly I'd say it's because they don't care. Prove me wrong. Let's see someone from CGC come in here and try to enlighten us as to why this keeps happening. 

Which they don't have to do.

Honestly at this point does anyone even want an explanation? I personally don't need to hear excuses, rather just get on with it and see if the 500 error still exists after this

You know, when I was 55, @kav* introduced me to CGC. Up, down, up, down. Oh, what a ride!  I always wanted to logon again. You know, it was just so interesting to me that a website could make me so frightened, so scared, so sick, so excited, and so thrilled all together! Some didn't like it. They went on Voldemort's site. That just goes around. Nothing. I like the roller coaster. You get more out of it.

*Not his real name

On 7/30/2021 at 5:05 PM, MattTheDuck said:

You know, when I was 55, @kav* introduced me to CGC. Up, down, up, down. Oh, what a ride!  I always wanted to logon again. You know, it was just so interesting to me that a website could make me so frightened, so scared, so sick, so excited, and so thrilled all together! Some didn't like it. They went on Voldemort's site. That just goes around. Nothing. I like the roller coaster. You get more out of it.

*Not his real name

Great play on words from a classic Martin movie. 🤣🤣🤣