• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Westcoast Comic Con Sat. September 25, 2021 Croatian Cultural Centre, Vancouver, BC

12 posts in this topic

Annual Westcoast Comic Con Saturday September 25, 2021 at centrally located Croatian Cultural Centre 3250 Commercial Drive, Vancouver, BC, Canada V5N 4B6 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Family fun with lots of vintage to current comics, graphic novels, magazines, fanzines, comic t-shirts, and other paper collectibles. Adult admission $9, free parking in lot and on the street. Hourly $25 gift certificate door prizes.

Dealer wall tables sold out at $95. Wait-list set up for vendor non-wall tables (8' x 30 inches) $75. Some of the quality vendors that will be at this comic book focused convention:

Jigglypig Comics (Campbell River), Anthill Books and Comics (Nels), Canadian Comics.net, Giant Killer Robot, Comics Scene (Surrey), Wiser's Wide World of Collectibles (warehouse), Fun Promotions, Phantom Eclipse Comics and Toys, Amazing Comic Deals, @ComicSam, @Fan_Boy, aardvark88 and more.

Artists and inker guests to be announced. More info Vancouver's Westcoast Comic Con

Facebook and Instagram: Westcoast Comic Con.ca

Twitter: ConWestcoast

gsx1.jpg.bbd2deb4d8ea0e63b713656a7f25580f.jpg

20200305_151029~2.jpg

Edited by aardvark88
sp.

Reminder that all attendees will need to show their Covid vaccine passport or cardboard vax card with separate photo I.D. to enter the hall per current BC Health guidelines. fyi, the free wi-fi password will be handed out on the Comic Con dealer's tables which will help if the vendor is using Square for credit card purchases.

On 9/23/2021 at 9:39 AM, aardvark88 said:

Reminder that all attendees will need to show their Covid vaccine passport or cardboard vax card with separate photo I.D. to enter the hall per current BC Health guidelines.

Does this mean anybody planning to attend this show should show up early in order to fight their way past the anti-vaxxers and other protesters?  :slapfight:  lol

On 9/23/2021 at 11:21 PM, lou_fine said:

Does this mean anybody planning to attend this show should show up early in order to fight their way past the anti-vaxxers and other protesters?  :slapfight:  lol

I don't expect the anti-Vaxxers to be protesting on a sunny Saturday. Please show up early to get a free parking spot (on the street). The ATM will also be full $$.

On 9/22/2021 at 3:15 PM, aardvark88 said:

Final bump for @Comicsam@Fan Boy@greggy * Event is this SATURDAY (not Sunday) September 25, 2021. Hope to see you all there for the fun.

Hey Allan;

Did you attend the one at Heritage Hall a couple of weekends ago, and if so, what was the attendance like?  ???

I imagine it might have been sparesly attended since I believe that was before the provincial vaccine protocols were officially in place.  (shrug)

Then again, I always found the one at Heritage Hall to be sparsely attended, even before this whole Covid scenario came into play. :frown:

On 9/25/2021 at 10:20 AM, lou_fine said:

Heritage Hall a couple of weekends ago?  ???

I imagine it might have been sparsely attended since I believe that was before the provincial vaccine protocols were officially in place.  (shrug)

Covid scenario came into play. :frown:

I heard that attendance at last HH con was solid especially because one did not need proof of at least 1 Covid vax shot yet to get entry. Record smashing retail sales at both HH con and Westcoast Comic Con were reported although attendance at the latter was about double HH con. Hope to see u at PNE Comic Show next on Oct. 24, 2021 Sunday.

On 9/26/2021 at 8:55 AM, aardvark88 said:

I heard that attendance at last HH con was solid especially because one did not need proof of at least 1 Covid vax shot yet to get entry. Record smashing retail sales at both HH con and Westcoast Comic Con were reported although attendance at the latter was about double HH con. Hope to see u at PNE Comic Show next on Oct. 24, 2021 Sunday.

Greatly appreciate your response and updates here.  (thumbsu

I assume the record smashing sales must be from collectors who were hungry and desparate to attend comic cons again at long last after being locked away from them for well over a year by now.  Also probably hungry to find some bargains (no chance at all) and snap up some of those relatively common BA and CA books which they had heard have been selling at crazy crypto-like prices when slabbed in uber high grades.  No doubt hoping for some of their lustre to flow down onto these books here (again no chance at all).  :bigsmile:

BTW:  Did you get a chance to tell Magik that what he thought were once his "worthless" books that he was just going to hang onto since they weren't worth grading and slabbing just might be worth it in todya's crazed marketplace environment?  :flipbait:  :wishluck:

On 9/26/2021 at 4:39 PM, lou_fine said:

those relatively common BA and CA books which they had heard have been selling at crazy crypto-like prices when slabbed in uber high grades.  No doubt hoping for some of their lustre to flow down onto these books here (again no chance at all).  :bigsmile:

BTW:  Did you get a chance to tell Magik that what he thought were once his "worthless" books that he was just going to hang onto since they weren't worth grading and slabbing just might be worth it in todya's crazed marketplace environment?  :flipbait:  :wishluck:

I will let u give the Magik-man your sage BA and copper age advice on those common krap overstock funny books at the PNE con. Late BA and copper age raw NM's are selling like hotcakes now.

On 9/26/2021 at 6:07 PM, aardvark88 said:

I will let u give the Magik-man your sage BA and copper age advice on those common krap overstock funny books at the PNE con. Late BA and copper age raw NM's are selling like hotcakes now.

I guess you should never say never because he told me the last book that he was going to sell was his Silver Surfer 4 because everything else after that was pretty much "worthless drek" that wasn't worth grading and slabbing from his point of view.  :takeit:

You are EXACTLY RIGHT when you say those BA and CA common books books are selling like hotcakes in today's apparent crazed marketplace.  So crazy, in fact, that his 9.8 graded copy of SS 4 which fetched something like $9K would now probably go for strong 5-figures, especially considering that Heritage just sold their most recent CGC 9.8 graded copy for something ridiculous like $90K a few short months ago.  :screwy:

Edited by lou_fine