• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Conan Reprints?
1 1

21 posts in this topic

Conan lovers,

Is there a good source for reprints of Conan the Barbarian comics, perhaps up to 100 in book format?  Also, what about the Savage Sword of Conan?  I would love to get something like Marvel Masterworks for these, but I don't think they have been published for some reason.  Also, I prefer to stay away from omnibus books as they are so large.

Thank you for any hints!

V/R,

Mike

Edited by mlovest

They're being done in omnibus format, and I believe in the Epic Collection as well. 

On 8/3/2021 at 10:56 PM, Mecha_Fantastic said:

They're being done in omnibus format, and I believe in the Epic Collection as well. 

Yeah, there are seven Omnis for the Marvel series currently and three or four for SSOC.

The first 3 Omnis are OOP and you can find them on Ebay. The rest should be on In Stock Trades for decent prices. 

Also, omni's don't tend to be as heavy anymore as they were in the beginning. They now generally use a much lighter paper stock, and they wouldn't be anywhere near as efficient for knocking someone out cold. Bottom line is they're much more comfortable to read, although personally, I preferred the thicker paper. 

I also don't think they've ever done Masterworks volumes for a licensed property, have they? 

On 8/3/2021 at 11:19 PM, Mecha_Fantastic said:

Also, omni's don't tend to be as heavy anymore as they were in the beginning. They now generally use a much lighter paper stock, and they wouldn't be anywhere near as efficient for knocking someone out cold. Bottom line is they're much more comfortable to read, although personally, I preferred the thicker paper. 

I also don't think they've ever done Masterworks volumes for a licensed property, have they? 

Yeah, I missed mlovest mentioning he wasn’t looking for Omnis but you are correct. The first Marvel Omni is CoD 4 and 1-26 (maybe 28?) so not unwieldy at all.

I’d recommend the Marvel reprint books, as the colouring by Dark Horse was absolutely atrocious.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 8/4/2021 at 9:44 AM, Ken Aldred said:

I’d recommend the Marvel reprint books, as the colouring by Dark Horse was absolutely atrocious.

I love me some Conan but definitely this.

On 8/4/2021 at 9:44 AM, Ken Aldred said:

They (DH) don't include the covers either for the most part, but they do seem a cheap way to read the stories based on ebay selling prices. 

Edited by rjpb

As an update, I picked up the first three Marvel Epic Collection Conan the Barbarian books.  They are in original coloring, and they are comic-sized but thicker, of course.  Covers issues 1-42 plus materials, like Chamber of Darkness 4, which I own slabbed, but never read.

Still looking for a good option for Savage Sword reprints...  May seem weird, but I don't like reader copies of comics for reading.  They take up too much space.  I used to have them for ASM and others, but I needed to clear them out for the room for my collection.  :shy:

V/R, Mike

On 8/15/2021 at 12:13 AM, mlovest said:

Still looking for a good option for Savage Sword reprints

Dark Horse did 20+ volumes reprinting SSOC well into the issue 200s they are in Marvel Essential format, originals and reprints in black and white. However a quick look on eBay they appear to be relatvely expensive.