• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC at which comic cons? Is there somewhere that they post this info?

8 posts in this topic

• Administrator

Good morning,

Thanks for your message.  You can find any upcoming events listed on our website here: Events | CGC (cgccomics.com)  We don't have any upcoming shows listed at the moment but if we do add any we would announce it on our social media and also put the details on this page. 

Thanks!

So, you can have private signings scheduled out to November, but you still don't know if you'll be at NY Comic Con or C2e2?  Big shows like that are just a few months away and people who are traveling need to make plans. Or, if you are not planning to attend big shows in-person for COVID or whatever reason, I'd appreciate you make that decision and make an announcement soon.

On 8/5/2021 at 12:08 PM, Gary Strange said:

So, you can have private signings scheduled out to November, but you still don't know if you'll be at NY Comic Con or C2e2?  Big shows like that are just a few months away and people who are traveling need to make plans. Or, if you are not planning to attend big shows in-person for COVID or whatever reason, I'd appreciate you make that decision and make an announcement soon.

they plan the events out pretty far in advance so I would assume they will NOT be at NYCC

I doubt that they will make an announcement about NOT attending specific events

Edited by Bird

On 8/12/2021 at 7:23 PM, Bird said:

they plan the events out pretty far in advance so I would assume they will NOT be at NYCC

No I wouldn't expect that either but if they aren't going to be doing onsite grading at any event for the foreseeable future, that would warrant an announcement of some type

On 8/13/2021 at 7:23 AM, Gary Strange said:
On 8/12/2021 at 5:23 PM, Bird said:

No I wouldn't expect that either but if they aren't going to be doing onsite grading at any event for the foreseeable future, that would warrant an announcement of some type

If you make definitive announcements, then its a bigger deal if you have to change them later.  Do companies typically announce when they are NOT doing something that wasn't already announced they were doing?  They don't go to every show anyways. Unless its something pressing, most companies would probably rather avoid that, less disappointment that way.  Things are understandably uncertain these days, especially when some things are really up to local government policies, which can really change at any time.

If one was making plans to travel or attend a show, I would say to be conservative in terms what you think would be available, and don't assume anything will happen unless explicitly stated.  Even then, especially with regards to NYC (or NY State), that appears to be an area of the country with stricter rules regarding covid protocols, which would almost certainly make it less profitable than normal times for someone to have a booth there (even if booth costs are lower).  My guess is if one emailed CGC directly they could get a definitive answer.  I don't think I'd expect them to post a list of ALL the shows they're not going to this year, and they'd probably like to keep the option of going to shows open if the right opportunity comes up.