• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Removal from census?
1 1

5 posts in this topic

Years ago, I searched census for a comic from Boston called "New Legends".  I know it was there, and had been graded either 1 or 2 times. I looked because I have a vested interest. My brother and 3 friends wrote the comic! In 1973. Now I look, and nothing! Does CGC ever remove comics from census, if no one searches for that comic?

New Legends 1.jpg

On 8/5/2021 at 5:48 AM, Spawnfreak said:

Does CGC ever remove comics from census, if no one searches for that comic?

No. Even if they removed it (which should only happen if all copies they ever graded were cracked out and had their labels returned), valiantman's site should still have a record of it in the data from the past.

On 8/5/2021 at 7:07 AM, Lazyboy said:

valiantman's site should still have a record of it in the data from the past.

I've searched the database - all years - can't find any record of "New Legends", "Boston Comicworks", or "Tomorrow's Comix Today #1" - which are all of the words showing on the cover.

If it was ever in the CGC Census, I should have it... even if it has since been deleted.

On 8/5/2021 at 10:43 AM, valiantman said:

I've searched the database - all years - can't find any record of "New Legends", "Boston Comicworks", or "Tomorrow's Comix Today #1" - which are all of the words showing on the cover.

If it was ever in the CGC Census, I should have it... even if it has since been deleted.

I would swear I saw it on the census, but I guess I have to trust your data. Maybe I'll have mine graded, if I live long enough for the lines to get shorter.  Thanks for looking!:martini: