• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What Are My Options?
6 6

57 posts in this topic

@GACollectibles sold me a raw copy of Flash #110 recently. When I got home from work today, I went to our mailbox to pick up our mail and newspaper. There were four envelopes, a grocery flyer, and our newspaper. When I sat down at my computer, I checked the tracking number and it said it had been delivered today. I have had dozens of packages delivered to my home, and they are either set on the side of our mailbox or on our front steps. However, I did not find this package in either location. I drove to the Post Office and was told that they could verify it was delivered. I was told that our mailperson would call me later in the afternoon, but that never happened. I plan on going back to the Post Office tomorrow morning to see if I can speak to our mailperson.

From what I read today, if USPS can verify that the package was delivered, then I have little to no chance of getting a claim approved. With all these deliveries, I have not had a single package go missing until today. We all have read about "porch pirates," but I find it hard to believe that, out of all the packages that have been delivered to me, this package was the only one stolen. We live on a road that you would only drive on if you lived on our road or if you were visiting someone who lived on our road.

My only hope in regard to my claim will be that the package was sent with signature required. I definitely did not sign for it, as I was at work when it was supposedly delivered.

Please understand that I am in no way blaming @GACollectibles. He shipped the book in a timely manner and provided a tracking number. I don't what else he could have done to make sure the delivery was successful.

Has this happened to any of you? Did you have any success getting USPS to approve your claim? Thank you for any advice you may provide.

Edited by Math Teacher

What an awful thing to happen.  I hope @Scrooge is right.  I haven't had anything stolen/lost (yet), but I have also never had to actually sign for a "signature required" comic delivery.  I have had boxes put in the newspaper box below our mailbox which of course is right out on the street in front of God and everyone.  Easy pickin's if it were sitting out there for a while.

I have started making a habit of signing up for text alerts at USPS.com.  This at least makes sure I know about any changes in expected deliveries (I have had some show up a day or more before the original estimate).  I"m usually here, but if I can't be, I try to make sure someone is here when I'm expecting a delivery.  Not everyone can do that.

To echo what Scrooge said, the post office often reports that they have delivered specific pieces of mail to us the day before they actually deliver it. I don’t know if it’s to make their metrics look better or what.

I hope this is what has happened to you and you get a nice surprise tomorrow.

Do they not take a photo of your package on your front porch there as an alternate to signature confirmation? That's what they do here, and it's pretty easy to see immediately when they've deliverered something to the wrong address. 

Best wishes getting it sorted, and I hope the book shows up. 

On 8/6/2021 at 3:44 AM, Ryan. said:

I too have had packages show as delivered via tracking but not actually arrive until the next day. No need to worry, particularly if tracking shows it was in the possession of the local post office. They have it somewhere 

It's something to do with meeting quota I believe? 

On 8/5/2021 at 9:51 PM, Math Teacher said:

@GACollectibles sold me a raw copy of Flash #110 recently. When I got home from work today, I went to our mailbox to pick up our mail and newspaper. There were four envelopes, a grocery flyer, and our newspaper. When I sat down at my computer, I checked the tracking number and it said it had been delivered today. I have had dozens of packages delivered to my home, and they are either set on the side of our mailbox or on our front steps. However, I did not find this package in either location. I drove to the Post Office and was told that they could verify it was delivered. I was told that our mailperson would call me later in the afternoon, but that never happened. I plan on going back to the Post Office tomorrow morning to see if I can speak to our mailperson.

From what I read today, if USPS can verify that the package was delivered, then I have little to no chance of getting a claim approved. With all these deliveries, I have not had a single package go missing until today. We all have read about "porch pirates," but I find it hard to believe that, out of all the packages that have been delivered to me, this package was the only one stolen. We live on a road that you would only drive on if you lived on our road or if you were visiting someone who lived on our road.

My only hope in regard to my claim will be that the package was sent with signature required. I definitely did not sign for it, as I was at work when it was supposedly delivered.

Please understand that I am in no way blaming @GACollectibles. He shipped the book in a timely manner and provided a tracking number. I don't what else he could have done to make sure the delivery was successful.

Has this happened to any of you? Did you have any success getting USPS to approve your claim? Thank you for any advice you may provide.

Don't worry.  It will likely show up today.  Happened to me over a weekend as well.  

On 8/6/2021 at 11:12 AM, BigLeagueCHEW said:

Possible, or look Supervisor/Manager, I did all this work in 1 day.

I've literally watched my carrier pull up in her truck, scan a package whilst still in the truck, put the regular letter mail in my mailbox, which is street level, and drive off without actually exiting the truck to walk the package up to my door.