• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone Make Money Short-Term Flipping of CGC books?
1 1

31 posts in this topic

Just wondering if anyone here has managed to make a steady income of flipping CGC books?

Specifically, buying graded books and selling them a few weeks/months or so later for a profit?

It would seem that if one was very knowledgeable and/or lucky it could be possible.

On 8/11/2021 at 6:17 PM, Tafkap said:

Just wondering if anyone here has managed to make a steady income of flipping CGC books?

Specifically, buying graded books and selling them a few weeks/months or so later for a profit?

It would seem that if one was very knowledgeable and/or lucky it could be possible.

Absolutely.

Anything Tord McFarlane. Tord's Spider-Man, Tord's Spawn, anything Tord really!.. Hulk 340, and Batman 423 which is a total joke. There are some seriously hot items out there.

In Tord We Trust.

Tord 'The God' M'FazlovE

tord.JPG

On 8/12/2021 at 8:17 AM, Tafkap said:

The other thing you need is money/time. Do you have a substantial inventory? Can you afford to buy one? If not, how long until you can? Are you good enough already to pick yourself up through the ranks, like some fairy tale? 

As you can see, without money for the initial investment and time to put into it or to work on an alternate, slower route to start up, you're screwed. 

Good luck with it. 

If you do your due diligence and have a handle on the fmv of most hot books it’s not too hard. The basic formula of “buy low, sell high” can net you a pretty decent income from month to month but don’t expect things to fall into your lap.

On 8/11/2021 at 6:17 PM, Tafkap said:

Buy KANG.  All books you can find. Hold.  Sell in a few months.  Profit.  You are welcome.

@kav @Comics4All

On 8/11/2021 at 8:57 PM, Wolverinex said:

Buy KANG.  All books you can find. Hold.  Sell in a few months.  Profit.  You are welcome.

@kav @Comics4All

Months mean nothing to Kang!

Neither does $!

Kang has everything he needs!

For all time. always! 

Also, Pro tip: If you want to make bank, buy thigh high purple boots! 

I think The Blob said it best, "It's easy to make $500 profit each month. It's not so easy to make $ 5000." 

With taxes and what, you need to gross 5K, profit not sales, just to bring home $ 750 a week. It would be very wise to let it be a second job for at least a decade. Self employment can be vicious. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

... the folks I see making it without a physical presence are the ones who can find high grade raw at a price, slab them, and sell those. 

On 8/12/2021 at 12:41 PM, Comics4All said:

Also, Pro tip: If you want to make bank, buy thigh high purple boots! 

The Out Of Context thread is going to eat you for breakfast. 

Isn’t this just what comic book stores do? 

I can't make **** money on small books or books I like.  They have to be the "popular" book with high grade to sell, otherwise I'm out of luck.  I don't know where you guys get off saying it's easy.  It's not.  Also, the market took a derp right now and the small stuff or 90s comics or copper that used to sell easy, doesn't sell anymore.

Edited by Falcon760