• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post yours vs. the others
3 3

4 posts in this topic

I suspect the reason this thread slid off the first page with no posts besides your's (my opinion, FWIW) is that it looks too much like a stick of dynamite with a fuse waiting for a match.  :fear:

While I wouldn't disagree with your premise ...in theory and certainly based on appearances... there are too many variables involved including comparing grading notes to get into the mindset of the graders.  I won't get into pressing which is actually depressing topic with no possible resolution, but I will say this, there are a number of 9.6 and 9.8 books in the Promise Collection that raise eyebrows ...and not in a good way.

If collectors are willing to post examples for comparison, I'll gladly participate in the discussion and provide my own two cents, but I don't want to join in any conversation thread that risks folks getting censored or worse. :foryou:

:tink:

On 8/21/2021 at 2:21 PM, Cat-Man_America said:

I suspect the reason this thread slid off the first page with no posts besides your's (my opinion, FWIW) is that it looks too much like a stick of dynamite with a fuse waiting for a match.  :fear:

While I wouldn't disagree with your premise ...in theory and certainly based on appearances... there are too many variables involved including comparing grading notes to get into the mindset of the graders.  I won't get into pressing which is actually depressing topic with no possible resolution, but I will say this, there are a number of 9.6 and 9.8 books in the Promise Collection that raise eyebrows ...and not in a good way.

If collectors are willing to post examples for comparison, I'll gladly participate in the discussion and provide my own two cents, but I don't want to join in any conversation thread that risks folks getting censored or worse. :foryou:

:tink:

Yeah, your right.  I was a little shocked but it is what it is. Thanks for the words of reason.