• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Awesomecon - Not awesome for comics this year.

9 posts in this topic

If your going for comics, dont bother. I only found 2 booths actually selling a selection of comics. Rupps comics had the biggest and practically only booth with comics that consisted of modern variants and modern dollar bin treasure hunt long boxes. The other had moderns with some nice mid to high grade slabs.

Neither had my cup of tea. Oh well, i paid $50 for a nice stroll and vosplay watching.

I concur. It’s effectively awful-con if you are after comics. I think there were  five comic vendors. I brought books to be signed by Michael Golden and Ron Marz. Golden was charging $30 a book or a % of value. Marz was a no show. Everything to be seen can be done in two hours. Sad.

On 8/20/2021 at 1:15 PM, Jonathan78 said:

I concur. It’s effectively awful-con if you are after comics. I think there were  five comic vendors. I brought books to be signed by Michael Golden and Ron Marz. Golden was charging $30 a book or a % of value. Marz was a no show. Everything to be seen can be done in two hours. Sad.

Does he keep GPA up on a tablet to get the most out of his signings?  That really sounds crazy!

On 8/20/2021 at 3:48 PM, Crops068 said:

Does he keep GPA up on a tablet to get the most out of his signings?  That really sounds crazy!

No. He has a helper who tells him a set range of value for the comic. No GPA. Just opinion

Edited by Jonathan78
Typo

On 8/20/2021 at 12:48 PM, Crops068 said:

So he charges a % of the value of the book you are asking him to sign? And people pay? 

“There’s a sucker born every minute”

PT Barnum