• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another Ebay Scam
1 1

71 posts in this topic

On 8/25/2021 at 8:54 AM, Tafkap said:

Update!  Well the Scammer won! 

I thought there was something weird when my ROM sold in mere minutes after cancelling the first order.  So the "next" person gets it, says there's a defect and wants $40 refund! 

I knew something was off when both sellers had very similar handles and the same first name.

I sent the refund because I didn't want to go through the hassle of a return and it being damaged.  

He won!

Now I see they are in fact the very same person!  I wish Ebay had a function where I could've seen the name before!

Scott McKirgan is his name.  How many Ebay handles does he have??

Take solace in the fact that being added to the blocked bidder list shall really put the screws to him.  I have been blocked exactly once over a misunderstanding and about 20-30 times over the years went to buy a comic and was unable to because that was the seller.  I cannot imagine being blocked by dozens or hundreds of the prolific comic sellers on ebay.
He will suffer for this $40.

On 8/25/2021 at 1:49 PM, Tafkap said:

Which one do you sell the most on?

You can also call ebay back and ask that he be penalized for creating multiple accounts to circumvent.  sometimes they take action on this including permanent ban.  ebay is also ingenious in detecting banned people trying to open new accounts even when they use different bank accounts, paypal, address etc.

On 8/25/2021 at 3:40 PM, Wolverinex said:

Instagram,  facebook,  mycomicshop, shortbox, craigslist, ninepanels

I've heard a lot of people post positive comments about their selling with mycomicshop.

And their responses in here seem to indicate that their customer service is on point.

On 8/26/2021 at 5:46 PM, kav said:

You can also call ebay back and ask that he be penalized for creating multiple accounts to circumvent.  sometimes they take action on this including permanent ban.  ebay is also ingenious in detecting banned people trying to open new accounts even when they use different bank accounts, paypal, address etc.

I did indeed ask that when I spoke to my Ebay rep.  It's been 2 days and haven't heard anything yet.....

On 8/26/2021 at 5:34 PM, kav said:

Take solace in the fact that being added to the blocked bidder list shall really put the screws to him.  I have been blocked exactly once over a misunderstanding and about 20-30 times over the years went to buy a comic and was unable to because that was the seller.  I cannot imagine being blocked by dozens or hundreds of the prolific comic sellers on ebay.
He will suffer for this $40.

I certainly hope so.