• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Exposing FRAUD And DECEPTION - A Must Watch!
18 18

1,299 posts in this topic

Well, does Haspel draw a W2 from wata?   If he doesn’t , he isn’t an employee.   Words have meanings.    I don’t know what his exact position is, but I really don’t think it’s an employee.    Which means there’s probably  no contravention of what Deniz said, and there’s no more conflict when Haspel sells a graded game than when Halperin, or his auction house, sells a cgc graded book.   Which everyone , myself included, demonstrate they have no problem with when they bought cgc books on heritage, or now when they buy them on Goldin. 

You can argue whether it’s the right policy or not, but calling it some bombshell when the same thing has been going on with cgc for 20 years …?

Not to mention that “founder” Is a nebulous term.   It’s unclear what that means.     One thing it does mean is that he was there at the beginning, but we are four years out from that.    We aren’t in a hot tub time machine.   It isn’t four years ago.   What’s is current status is better question to ask.

Edited by Bronty

Fair point.  Haspel isn't an "employee" under CGC's "no employee can commercially buy/sell CGC books" policy either.  But, to your point, I bet he draws a W-2 or at least a 1099 from both of them.  Employee vs contractor vs paid advisor is a funny hill to defend. 

On 8/31/2021 at 9:56 AM, Bronty said:

Well, does Haspel draw a W2 from wata?   If he doesn’t , he isn’t an employee.   Words have meanings.    I don’t know what his exact position is, but I really don’t think it’s an employee.    Which means there’s probably  no contravention of what Deniz said, and there’s no more conflict when Haspel sells a graded game than when Halperin, or his auction house, sells a cgc graded book.   Which everyone , myself included, demonstrate they have no problem with when they bought cgc books on heritage, or now when they buy them on Goldin. 

You can argue whether it’s the right policy or not, but calling it some bombshell when the same thing has been going on with cgc for 20 years …?

He is listed as part of the executive team. If words have meaning, that seems to mean quite a bit. 

On 8/31/2021 at 10:02 AM, Transplant said:

Fair point.  Haspel isn't an "employee" under CGC's "no employee can commercially buy/sell CGC books" policy either.  But, to your point, I bet he draws a W-2 or at least a 1099 from both of them.  Employee vs contractor vs paid advisor is a funny hill to defend. 

You caught me pre edit; see hot tub time

machine comment. 

On 8/31/2021 at 7:56 AM, Bronty said:

At this point, Dan, I'm starting to think nothing would ever seem amiss to you. I mean, you sold a game for $100k that a short while later could have made $1,000,000+. Does that not upset you? Or are you assuming those amounts were Halperin or someone shilling up the market? Maybe you know so. 

On 8/31/2021 at 10:03 AM, wombat said:

He is listed as part of the executive team. If words have meaning, that seems to mean quite a bit. 

Fair enough.   I don’t know what chief advisor means exactly but you’re right he’s listed there. 

On 8/31/2021 at 10:05 AM, MatterEaterLad said:

At this point, Dan, I'm starting to think nothing would ever seem amiss to you. I mean, you sold a game for $100k that a short while later could have made $1,000,000+. Does that not upset you? Or are you assuming those amounts were Halperin or someone shilling up the market? Maybe you know so. 

You know, if I was going to drive myself crazy with every game I sold that is now worth X I’d be in a looney bin.   I was buying for 30 dollars what is now worth 30,000.      But at the time if I could turn 30 into 300 I had to take it so that I could continue to collect.    I made my peace with that.   

On 8/31/2021 at 10:07 AM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Are you now the PR rep for Wata?   No offence, but you’re not very good at it. 

Tries to offend; says “no offense.”   Lol

When I read things I know to be falsehoods, I don’t like it.   Do you?  

Ive pointed out several clear errors in the reporting so far, so you’ll excuse if I want an actual journalist and not a YouTuber to report before I reach any conclusions. 

On 8/31/2021 at 10:13 AM, Bronty said:

Ive pointed out several clear errors in the reporting so far, so you’ll excuse if I want an actual journalist and not a YouTuber to report before I reach any conclusions. 

So you read the new article posted about Haspel?

And the author is someone you don’t have any respect for?

On 8/23/2021 at 9:34 PM, Roger66 said:

Many people are simply born suckers and their pre-programmed desire to believe is like an infectious drug to them.  The death of intuition and commonsense is often the reason for such (in hindsight) obvious greed, deception and out and out criminal activities.  How many unknowing and unsuspecting people make money off of such manipulative activities only to call out the criminals IF in fact they are left holding the hot-potato once the gig is up.  Since man first entered the market place and bartered for a sheep or some eggs - there have been shameful activities and it has only gotten worse during the age of the internet.  No matter the century, no matter the forum, no matter the product; people often choose to wear blinders and refuse to trust their gut or consider if something is overpriced if not misrepresented.  I need no video or exposé to know when something is overvalued.  Excuse my cynicism if not sarcasm / hubris but "buyer beware" is as meaningful now as it was when it was 1st uttered.  Some folks will never learn.  My 2-cents. :preach:  “Belief can be manipulated. Only knowledge is dangerous.”  Frank Herbert

(worship)

On 8/31/2021 at 10:13 AM, Bronty said:

I'm sorry but are you saying Seth Abramson isn't a credible source? This is beyond a youtuber and leads me to think you haven't read the latest article that lays out just a couple of his many credentials as well as gives some of his credibility specifically in the sealed and graded video game market.

On 8/31/2021 at 10:48 AM, HotKey said:

I'm sorry but are you saying Seth Abramson isn't a credible source? This is beyond a youtuber and leads me to think you haven't read the latest article that lays out just a couple of his many credentials as well as gives some of his credibility specifically in the sealed and graded video game market.

What he's doing, by requiring "an actual journalist and not a YouTuber", is arguing from authority rather than telling you how/why it's wrong. It's a logical fallacy.

Edited by theCapraAegagrus