• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Exposing FRAUD And DECEPTION - A Must Watch!
18 18

1,299 posts in this topic

On 9/2/2021 at 9:07 AM, Bronty said:

Sounds great and like the perfect path to take.     So then I have to ask - if you are trying to avoid influencing them why give them comic reading quotas?     To be clear, I’m not going to tell you how to parent your kids, but your statements contradict each other. 

Because they used to go to the library, and if we didn't put some kind of goal in place, they wouldn't even bother to read anything at all. Distracted reading through a multi-chapter book is on a different level than reading through a comic, and they agreed that the comic reading should be done in one shot, and on a daily schedule, otherwise they'd find a way to fight over one of them taking too long.

With the old way of picking-up books from the library, they had their favourites, but quickly read them all to the point there was no new book for them to read. We began buying some of them when the pandemic hit when the library closed, and as the publisher released the new books in the series. Fast forward to being out of school for summer, they needed some structure, otherwise they would literally be on their screens all day. I began clocking how much time, and in a few words, it's a losing battle. They started watching The Falcon and The Winter Soldier, then Loki, and started going back and watching Avengers End Game, Black Panther and a few other Marvel movies, and I got the idea of going with The Incredible Hulk as they both like the character (my youngest got a Hulk character cake made for his birthday a few days ago). It was also a series that historically has not surged in price outside of IH 180-182, but as we know, it seems when any hobby goes through a price jump like we are seeing in many of the key issues, people assume everything should be worth 2-5 times what the going rate was a year ago, even the common, non-key books. I think back to someone saying on these boards how the majority of books in Overstreet were over valued, and I guess the mindset now is, Overstreet, hold my beer. 

I don't have a sweet tooth, but the cake tasted great!

image.png.e42add393a5a75d4be0000f1286d6a75.png

Edited by comicwiz

There have been a few reports about how people who don't agree are speaking to each other.

If I start spending a few hours of my time pulling posts, there will be more complaints.

Some of you disagree with each other. That's fine...if you can't disagree nicely and have some tolerance if you don't like something you read that you don't agree with, I will have to lock the thread.

I really don't want to lock the thread. Post respectfully please.

On 9/2/2021 at 9:44 AM, cgcmod11 said:

I really don't want to lock the thread. Post respectfully please.

With all due respect that ship sailed with the original post.    There is nothing respectful about the video or articles being discussed here.     Ask yourself how much you’d appreciate some clown with a million Twitter followers mentioning your name publicly in order to drive some revenue for himself when he’s openly stated I didn’t give consent to media to publish my full name?   Instead of, you know, respecting my privacy he goes and finds 15 year old forum posts to publicly connect me to some largely ridiculous story rife with errors all to further his profile.    None of this is born in respect.   None of it. 

Now you may say those articles and the video are outside of this forum and you’d be right.    You can ask for civility and I’ll give it to you in the discussion but you’re not going to get respect in this discussion when the subject matter is inherently disrespectful to almost everyone mentioned. 

On 9/2/2021 at 9:23 AM, comicwiz said:

Because they used to go to the library, and if we didn't put some kind of goal in place, they wouldn't even bother to read anything at all. Distracted reading through a multi-chapter book is on a different level than reading through a comic, and they agreed that the comic reading should be done in one shot, and on a daily schedule, otherwise they'd find a way to fight over one of them taking too long.

With the old way of picking-up books from the library, they had their favourites, but quickly read them all to the point there was no new book for them to read. We began buying some of them when the pandemic hit when the library closed, and as the publisher released the new books in the series. Fast forward to being out of school for summer, they needed some structure, otherwise they would literally be on their screens all day. I began clocking how much time, and in a few words, it's a losing battle. They started watching The Falcon and The Winter Soldier, then Loki, and started going back and watching Avengers End Game, Black Panther and a few other Marvel movies, and I got the idea of going with The Incredible Hulk as they both like the character (my youngest got a Hulk character cake made for his birthday a few days ago). It was also a series that historically has not surged in price outside of IH 180-182, but as we know, it seems when any hobby goes through a price jump like we are seeing in many of the key issues, people assume everything should be worth 2-5 times what the going rate was a year ago, even the common, non-key books. I think back to someone saying on these boards how the majority of books in Overstreet were over valued, and I guess the mindset now is, Overstreet, hold my beer. 

I don't have a sweet tooth, but the cake tasted great!

image.png.e42add393a5a75d4be0000f1286d6a75.png

I can understand that.   Screens are a challenge for sure. 

I'll never understand brand loyalty. 

Companies take money from you and try to subvert practically anything that stops them from making a profit, even at the expense of people's lives, whether you support them or not.

On 9/2/2021 at 10:33 AM, comicwiz said:

We may disagree on many things, but because a mod has now essentially appeared here, providing warnings for the very thing I anticipated would happen, the following needs to be clarified.

As the thread starter, I still remain steadfast in my opinion that this expose has merit for the allegations, and people involved. That merit goes beyond the video game hobby because of their involvement in other areas of collecting. There is a contingent who saw, and continue to see value in being made aware of the questionable conduct and allegations of people at the center of this video game scandal.

The reporting happening by Seth (at least from my observation) has been continually dragged down by a select few. How I've seen it forming is from a predetermined dislike for his views, perhaps even outside of his reporting mostly. Then disliking the reporting for the prejudicial views of him. But the one thing that is blatantly obvious for anyone who has been following the conversation on social media (particularly Twitter) is that when reactions from some of the named parties began to take unnecessary jabs at his reporting, his livelihood, his character, and attempting to attack his credibility, AND they happened to be the named people in the video, as an investigative journalist, this is usually a green light for people wanting to look further into things.

In other words, it should come as no surprise that his reporting went in the direction it did, and that he did begin to visit past activities, social media, etc., of these people. I have screenshots of Haspel going at Seth, and I knew this would only lead to another revelation being blown wide open. If what he was stating was that offside, those people should have perhaps gone a different direction - there are many more reasonable and effective means, particularly in the areas of libel and defamation - but instead, they poked the bear, and I can't see poking a bear causing any other reaction or consequence. Especially in the age of social media.

Because of this fact pattern, it is contextually inaccurate to paint the happenings on these boards as anything irresponsible simply because the afterlife the reporting took went in the direction and manner it did.

Look at my posts from earlier today. I knew what was going to unfold even before the mod posted this, and it's based on the dynamics I saw taking shape and form. I called it before it happened again, but to suggest the participants here had any control over the life the reporting of this scandal took after the video was released is a blatant misread of people's intent and what's been happening to keep people aware of it, at least on these boards.

I don’t think it’s a good look, but do you think for a second that if there really was a hidden agenda Mark would be selling games with an eBay account that is simply his full name?    Or do you think that if he had something to hide he’d use any of the anonymous auction houses available?    

Edited by Bronty

Furthermore, does the fact he’s selling them for best offer on eBay suggest he’s manipulating the market?    Why does he need offers if it’s all rigged?    

If he’s interested in manipulating the market, why is he using eBay where the data points expire after a couple weeks instead of heritage where they are permanent record?

Unless… wait for it… maybe he ISN’T a criminal mastermind?     You never know though, you can’t trust someone connected to Putin, right?

On 9/2/2021 at 11:45 AM, Bronty said:

Furthermore, does the fact he’s selling them for best offer on eBay suggest he’s manipulating the market?    Why does he need offers if it’s all rigged?    

If he’s interested in manipulating the market, why is he using eBay where the data points expire after a couple weeks instead of heritage where they are permanent record?

Unless… wait for it… maybe he ISN’T a criminal mastermind?     You never know though, you can’t trust someone connected to Putin, right?

Removing the problem child is usually more beneficial than shutting down the daycare, especially if said child is trying to burn the place down. lol I am hopeful that the mods will understand that in this particular case.

Edited by theCapraAegagrus