• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Exposing FRAUD And DECEPTION - A Must Watch!
18 18

1,299 posts in this topic

On 9/2/2021 at 11:39 AM, Bronty said:

I don’t think it’s a good look, but do you think for a second that if there really was a hidden agenda Mark would be selling games with an eBay account that is simply his full name?    Or do you think that if he had something to hide he’d use any of the anonymous auction houses available?    

It's not even just a bad look. In and of itself, the actions are abhorrent. Collectively though, and in the face of the other allegations, it's like a monsoon level bad. 

Again, if this were someone that had never been groomed under a policy where conflict of interest - perceived or real - detrimentally impacts the appearance of impartiality, one might say, maybe he didn't know.

But he did know.

Even when Pat Conti alleges in the video that he saw Haspel hurriedly working a convention floor looking for sealed games, then walked the ones he bought over to WATA - it's basically hearsay, and we don't really get a sense of a time when this occurred in relation to his involvement with WATA (i.e. was this before he began with WATA, etc.)

Revealing he was, and is still actively selling on eBay is made even uglier for the simple reason that no one twisted Denis Kahn's arm to go on record, in one of the worlds most recognized newspapers, and say that people working for WATA can't have their games graded by WATA.

These all look WATA graded to me.

screencapture-ebay-sch-i-html-2021-09-02-14_13_33.thumb.png.d2a4d8ffcf8cfc8631ad00a22ef98dda.png

screencapture-ebay-sch-i-html-2021-09-02-14_14_11.thumb.png.1a1789ceb2f0893f9845376174c942ea.png

Edited by comicwiz

On 9/2/2021 at 2:27 PM, comicwiz said:

It's not even just a bad look. In and of itself, the actions are abhorrent. Collectively though, and in the face of the other allegations, it's like a monsoon level bad. 

Again, if this were someone that had never been groomed under a policy where conflict of interest - perceived or real - detrimentally impacts the appearance of impartiality, one might say, maybe he didn't know.

But he did know.

Even when Pat Conti alleges in the video that he saw Haspel hurriedly working a convention floor looking for sealed games, then walked the ones he bought over to WATA - it's basically hearsay, and we don't really get a sense of a time when this occurred in relation to his involvement with WATA (i.e. was this before he began with WATA, etc.)

Revealing he was, and is still actively selling on eBay is made even uglier for the simple reason that no one twisted Denis Kahn's arm to go on record, in one of the worlds most recognized newspapers in the country, and say that people working for WATA can't have their games graded by WATA.

These all look WATA graded to me.

screencapture-ebay-sch-i-html-2021-09-02-14_13_33.thumb.png.d2a4d8ffcf8cfc8631ad00a22ef98dda.png

screencapture-ebay-sch-i-html-2021-09-02-14_14_11.thumb.png.1a1789ceb2f0893f9845376174c942ea.png

If you check his sales history there’s a boatload of 9.6 and 9.8’s. What’s that naked gun meme “nothing to see here!”

Theres a whole lot of smoke around this for there to be no fire. 

Having a little knowledge of actual behind the scenes journalism from a close friend in it a long time, I can almost promise you that several independent investigations are currently ongoing at multiple news agencies and they aren't limiting themselves to Heritage and WATA.

I'd love to see the communications of those involved over the last week or so.

Maybe we will at some point... 🙂

On 9/2/2021 at 11:41 AM, Charleybrown said:

Has it occured to you that Bronty is trying to get this thread shut down? 

What I see is a lot of board members trying to silence opposing facts and opinions they don't like.

On 9/2/2021 at 2:32 PM, Charleybrown said:

If you check his sales history there’s a boatload of 9.6 and 9.8’s. What’s that naked gun meme “nothing to see here!”

Yes a boatload of the most common in 9.6 and 9.8 games on the friggin market.  Games that in some cases are STILL, forty years after the fact, available in large quantity from distributors.

Let me put it in terms you will be more familiar with  - these games are as common in high grade as say Jim Lee’s Xmen 1, or XForce 1, or any of that 90s with ridiculous print runs.     

Overprinting games is what killed Atari.   When they died, there were mountains of new sealed stock, so much so that people still haven’t gotten rid of it all.    

If you saw someone selling 9.6 and 9.8 X-Force 1’s, would you think it weird they were so high grade?   

Later companies - Nintendo etc - only printed to demand and there were few stock overages .    Those games got opened.

Edited by Bronty

On 9/2/2021 at 4:45 PM, Bronty said:

Overprinting games is what killed Atari.   When they died, there were mountains of new sealed stock, so much so that people still haven’t gotten rid of it all.    

I'm curious about this.  I imagine they didn't overprint games from the very beginning, right?  Is there a particular point in time where the supply spikes sharply upward, and are the games from before that point in time considered scarce, or at least more scarce?

If someone wanted to be an old-school Atari 2600 game collector, focusing just on that original packaging design, what would their "checklist" be to have a full set, and what would be the toughest / most expensive games on that list?

On 9/2/2021 at 4:50 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

I'm curious about this.  I imagine they didn't overprint games from the very beginning, right?  Is there a particular point in time where the supply spikes sharply upward, and are the games from before that point in time considered scarce, or at least more scarce?

If someone wanted to be an old-school Atari 2600 game collector, focusing just on that original packaging design, what would their "checklist" be to have a full set, and what would be the toughest / most expensive games on that list?

The later versions tend to be much more available, yes.   The earlier versions much scarcer.    So there are some that aren’t overprinted, but many are …. Ridiculously abundant.  

If you google O’Shea’s, they were a single distributor (there were others ) with millions of new sealed Atari games that sold them forever in huge quantities.    It boils down to whether or not O’Shea’s and others like them had it in inventory.    Those were 50 cent games fir a long long time. 

On 9/2/2021 at 4:56 PM, Bronty said:

The later versions tend to be much more available, yes.   The earlier versions much scarcer.    So there are some that aren’t overprinted, but many are …. Ridiculously abundant.  

If you google O’Shea’s, they were a single distributor (there were others ) with millions of new sealed Atari games that sold them forever in huge quantities.    It boils down to whether or not O’Shea’s and others like them had it in inventory.    Those were 50 cent games fir a long long time. 

Thanks.

Here's an old link from the late 1990s advertising Atari games (might just have been cartridges, might have been in the box, can't tell) for 80 cents each!

https://web.archive.org/web/19970418142603/http://www.oshealtd.com/

On 9/2/2021 at 9:33 AM, comicwiz said:

The reporting happening by Seth (at least from my observation) has been continually dragged down by a select few. How I've seen it forming is from a predetermined dislike for his views, perhaps even outside of his reporting of this story for the most part. Then disliking the reporting for the prejudicial views towards him. But the one thing that is blatantly obvious for anyone who has been following the conversation on social media (particularly Twitter) is that when reactions from some of the named parties began to take unnecessary jabs at his reporting, his livelihood, his character, and attempting to attack his credibility, AND they happened to be the named people in the video, as an investigative journalist, this is usually a green light for a deep dive. Yes, I am saying, they brought this onto themselves.

Anyone that can read the reporting by Seth, and not bust out laughing, must have robot blood in them.  I'm surprised the guy doesn't have some automatic ominous music playing in the background while you read his report.  The "Mysterious Bronty". lol

The mysterious Bronty then picked up a book to read.  As he read the first page, he glanced to his left.  What was he looking at?  Was it possibly someone wanting to make a nefarious deal with him?  Or was he silently contemplating evil things he could do before delving into what very possibly could be a book on market manipulation?  We have reached out to him for comment, but of course, his silence speaks volumes on the matter.

I might as well run down and pick up a copy of the National Enquirer.  They have a bit of truth sprinkled in too......along with the two-headed alien babies.

In other words, it should come as no surprise that his reporting went in the direction it did, and that he did begin to visit past activities, social media, etc., of these people. I have screenshots of Haspel going at Seth, and I knew this would only lead to another revelation being blown wide open. If what he was stating was that offside, those people should have perhaps gone a different direction - there are many more reasonable and effective means, particularly in the areas of libel and defamation - but instead, they poked the bear, and I can't see poking a bear causing any other reaction or consequence. Especially in the age of social media.

There's a difference between Haspel poking a bear and poking a loon.

Look at my posts from earlier today. I knew what was going to unfold even before the mod posted this, and it's based on the dynamics I saw taking shape and form. I called it before it happened again, but to suggest the participants here had any control over the life the reporting of this scandal took after the video was released is a blatant misread of people's intent and what's been happening to keep people aware of it, at least on these boards.

The thread has been locked and scrubbed more than once.  I don't think there was any kind of great revelation here.  If people would stop trying to silence opposing opinions, viewpoints, and facts that disagree with their conclusions, then perhaps it wouldn't happen.

On 9/2/2021 at 5:11 PM, Domo Arigato said:

Anyone that can read the reporting by Seth, and not bust out laughing, must have robot blood in them.  I'm surprised the guy doesn't have some automatic ominous music playing in the background while you read his report.  The "Mysterious Bronty". lol

The mysterious Bronty then picked up a book to read.  As he read the first page, he glanced to his left.  What was he looking at?  Was it possibly someone wanting to make a nefarious deal with him?  Or was he silently contemplating evil things he could do before delving into what very possibly could be a book on market manipulation?  We have reached out to him for comment, but of course, his silence speaks volumes on the matter.

I might as well run down and pick up a copy of the National Enquirer.  They have a bit of truth sprinkled in too......along with the two-headed alien babies.

There's a difference between Haspel poking a bear and poking a loon.

The thread has been locked and scrubbed more than once.  I don't think there was any kind of great revelation here.  If people would stop trying to silence opposing opinions, viewpoints, and facts that disagree with their conclusions, then perhaps it wouldn't happen.

Seths reporting is over the top. The one article lumping Politics into this was garbage. Mark Haspel having an eBay sales page selling Wata graded games is not a good look. That’s a fact. Let’s see if there’s any further investigation. I’d be willing to bet he’s selling More than common Atari games.