• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Exposing FRAUD And DECEPTION - A Must Watch!
18 18

1,299 posts in this topic

On 9/2/2021 at 7:28 PM, Buzzetta said:

There is a difference between fishing and waiting for someone to buy it and my having Jay help me establish a fake sale to manipulate the market. 

Sure there is.  Now show me the proof of the latter.

On 9/2/2021 at 8:07 PM, jaybuck43 said:

I disagree.  The market is on fire, no question.  But I've posted that EVERY sale I can trace not only is profitable for him, but it apparently breaks market price.  Happening once, sure no question, twice, ok, three times, hey everyone gets lucky.  But somehow EVERYTHING he touches turns to gold.  If you have a stock broker who is touting how all s/he does is pick winners, then it's just a matter of time before they own a nice new pair of sterling silver bracelets.  IT DOESN'T HAPPEN.  No-one is that good.  I've got plenty of comic books that are worth less than what I paid for them a few years ago (and I have plenty of books that are worth 10x what I paid)  But if EVERY sale I made was a GPA breaker, wouldn't you start to say "hey, what's he doing over there, how does he have so many record breakers ESPECIALLY for common books"

Well, counsellor, it appears to me there are two possibilities.  

1) The sales are real - in which case, your post is spurious.

2) The sales are not real - in which case you have to ask yourself why he’d pay ebay to create data points on eBay when those sales largely disappear from public record.   Especially on ultra common games where it’s literally impossible to control all the data points since tons of them are continually listed on HA.    In other words, if the sales are not real, your post suggests he’d go highest risk lowest reward on shenanigans?  Just makes no sense unless you believe Haspel is mentally deficient.    

A not to uncommon practice on eBay is where a Seller lists a lovely & desirable collectible at 99 cents on a 7 or 10-day auction and you can see one zero-feedback Buyer constantly pushing the bids up and up and up only to bow out towards the end or retract his bid. :devil:   Whether that bidder owns the same item and wants to manipulate the market in his favor, is a friend of the Seller or works with the Seller -  I see that often enough but guess what?  If I really want the item - I will bid to my max and win or lose I sadly accept that shill bidding as part of the free yet manipulated marketplace on eBay(shrug)  To me the KEY is to bid with commonsense, some restraint and use your intuition.  I imagine the biggest gripers, complainers, whiners and babies here :ohnoez: are those who expected to flip the winning item for either a quick profit or post it in their store for an expected 30% return in time AND when the item just sits and sits on the shelf gathering dust or the flip doesn't materialize fast enough - that is when the Buyer becomes pissed.  In the end citing GPA on such a sale or putting out a YouTube video on it only promulgates the façade, which others buy into on the next auction and so it goes....a conspiracy of dunces....  My 2-cents. :preach:

Edited by Roger66

On 9/2/2021 at 8:32 PM, Bronty said:

The Atari market has been mostly down the last six months or a year.    Are you arguing he’s manipulating it downwards ? 

You play where the money already is and where you can conceal your efforts. 

Edited by Buzzetta

On 9/2/2021 at 8:33 PM, Domo Arigato said:

Sure there is.  Now show me the proof of the latter.

Like I said to the Rally Road Cheerleading Squad.  Some of you are either too tied into this financially or emotionally. 

On 9/2/2021 at 7:47 PM, Buzzetta said:

Like I said to the Rally Road Cheerleading Squad.  Some of you are either too tied into this financially or emotionally. 

And like I said earlier.....some in here think there's a boogeyman under every rock they lift.

So.....no proof? :baiting:

On 9/2/2021 at 8:47 PM, Buzzetta said:

Speaking for myself only, I have no investment. I find the conversation interesting, and I'm open to evidence, I'm just not convinced of the arguments being put forward. 

On 9/2/2021 at 7:44 PM, Buzzetta said:
On 9/2/2021 at 7:32 PM, Bronty said:

The Atari market has been mostly down the last six months or a year.    Are you arguing he’s manipulating it downwards ? 

You play where the money already is and where you can conceal your efforts. 

The money is in the Atari market???

And you conceal your efforts by using your own known Ebay account? ???

On 9/2/2021 at 9:02 PM, Domo Arigato said:

The money is in the Atari market???

And you conceal your efforts by using your own known Ebay account? ???

Apparently since every time he sold a game it sold for more than market  price.  So somehow he was breaking the market while everyone else selling Atari was selling down.

On 9/2/2021 at 9:14 PM, jaybuck43 said:

Apparently since every time he sold a game it sold for more than market  price.  So somehow he was breaking the market while everyone else selling Atari was selling down.

im going out on a limb here but I have a feeling youre not going to get through to anyone on the other side of the argument. Seems like Domo can do this all day/night long.

On 9/2/2021 at 8:14 PM, jaybuck43 said:

And again, you see the same thing happen on Ebay in comics.  People take their items.....list them above their cost and above market price.....and then wait for someone to come along that wants the item now and doesn't care about paying over market price or isn't aware what current market price is.  Perhaps that's why he's selling them on Ebay and not at auction on Heritage.  He can set the price he wants and leave it there until somebody snags it.

I'm not sure if you're actually trying to deny that happens......because that would be odd, as it's not uncommon.

Edited by Domo Arigato

On 9/2/2021 at 8:25 PM, Charleybrown said:

im going out on a limb here but I have a feeling youre not going to get through to anyone on the other side of the argument. Seems like Domo can do this all day/night long.

That assumes that those on the other side of the argument are the ones that need "getting through to". 

On 9/2/2021 at 9:28 PM, Domo Arigato said:

That assumes that those on the other side of the argument are the ones that need "getting through to". 

For the 100th time why is Mark selling games on ebay graded by WATA when he works for or with WATA. The CEO stated and it is published in the new york times that no employee can grade with WATA or sell games graded by WATA. You have no answer for this other than whataboutism. Maybe WATA should do themselves a favor and make a statement on this instead of ignoring it.

On 9/2/2021 at 8:43 PM, Charleybrown said:

For the 100th time why is Mark selling games on ebay graded by WATA when he works for or with WATA. The CEO stated and it is published in the new york times that no employee can grade with WATA or sell games graded by WATA. You have no answer for this other than whataboutism. Maybe WATA should do themselves a favor and make a statement on this instead of ignoring it.

He is listed as a "Chief advisor".  WATA has had many advisors prior to and since its inception.  Are they technically employees?  And WATA's position at one time may have been that no employee can grade with WATA or sell games graded by WATA.  Is that still their position?  Is any of it illegal?  

On 9/2/2021 at 8:37 PM, Bronty said:

Well, counsellor, it appears to me there are two possibilities.  

1) The sales are real - in which case, your post is spurious.

2) The sales are not real - in which case you have to ask yourself why he’d pay ebay to create data points on eBay when those sales largely disappear from public record.   Especially on ultra common games where it’s literally impossible to control all the data points since tons of them are continually listed on HA.    In other words, if the sales are not real, your post suggests he’d go highest risk lowest reward on shenanigans?  Just makes no sense unless you believe Haspel is mentally deficient.    

1) Sure, it's possible.  I've stated in all of my posts that I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, but there is so many red flags I am seeing  that just don't make sense and that keep making things seem off.

2).Because 13% is less than 29% and leaves more profit potential on the bone.  I buy Ms. Pac-Man 9.6 A++ for market price of $450.  I list it on eBay for $2,500. I  have  @Buzzetta buy it for $1200.  I pay eBay $160.  I give Buzz back his $1,200.  I'm now -$610.  But there is a market point out there that says the game is $1,200 (if visible, some may see it as selling for $2,500).  I then slap a price tag on  it  for $1,000 and take it to a convention.  Someone goes "ooo look, I can get it under the last price, awesome! Cash/Visa handed over.  Profit = $390.  Even better if I bought a box of sealed Ms. Pac-man and could rinse and repeat, since now I have TWO data points at 50% over market.  Which will then cause more buyers to enter at that price point.  

On 9/2/2021 at 9:26 PM, Domo Arigato said:

And again, you see the same thing happen on Ebay in comics.  People take their items.....list them above you cost and above market.....and then wait for someone to come along that wants the item know and doesn't care about paying over market price or isn't aware what current market price is.  Perhaps that's why he's selling them on Ebay and not at auction on Heritage.  He can set the price he wants and leave it there until somebody snags it.

I'm not sure if you're actually trying to deny that happens......because that would be odd, as it's not uncommon.

I 100% recognize the fishers.  Heck, that's Gator's MO.  He buys a book, tags it at a percent over what he paid he's happy to sell for.  Almost always, that book is WAY over market price.  And then Rick just sits back and waits for the market to catch up to him.  And eventually it does.  Heck, a lot of times when we hang out at NYCC, I stand there with  him updating prices because some of his numbers are actually under market because he slapped a price tag on it when he bought it and no-one bought it but the market has raised higher.  So, again, not denying it happens, BUT the problem I am saying is, the market prices are lower than his BINs.  I'm supposed to believe that he is constantly catching all these "impulse" buyers who are willing to pay double market price just because they want it NOW, even though the particular game will pop up on Heritage or a convention, or even eBay next week.  I can understand the sit back and wait if these were rare items.  Again, that's what Rick is  doing.  Slapping market high prices on GA books that are rare and waiting for the market to catch up.  But he's grinding out NM 98 at market price.  Haspel is fishing with commons, which makes no sense.

On 9/2/2021 at 9:55 PM, Domo Arigato said:

He is listed as a "Chief advisor".  WATA has had many advisors prior to and since its inception.  Are they technically employees?  And WATA's position at one time may have been that no employee can grade with WATA or sell games graded by WATA.  Is that still their position?  Is any of it illegal?  

How many of those other advisors were listed as part of the executive team? 

On 9/2/2021 at 8:57 PM, jaybuck43 said:

I 100% recognize the fishers.  Heck, that's Gator's MO.  He buys a book, tags it at a percent over what he paid he's happy to sell for.  Almost always, that book is WAY over market price.  And then Rick just sits back and waits for the market to catch up to him.  And eventually it does.  Heck, a lot of times when we hang out at NYCC, I stand there with  him updating prices because some of his numbers are actually under market because he slapped a price tag on it when he bought it and no-one bought it but the market has raised higher.  So, again, not denying it happens, BUT the problem I am saying is, the market prices are lower than his BINs.  I'm supposed to believe that he is constantly catching all these "impulse" buyers who are willing to pay double market price just because they want it NOW, even though the particular game will pop up on Heritage or a convention, or even eBay next week.  I can understand the sit back and wait if these were rare items.  Again, that's what Rick is  doing.  Slapping market high prices on GA books that are rare and waiting for the market to catch up.  But he's grinding out NM 98 at market price.  Haspel is fishing with commons, which makes no sense.

That's not what I'm talking about.  I'm not talking about putting an above market price on a comic and waiting for the market to catch up.

I'm saying 100 percent that there are sellers that put above (and even WAY above) market prices on their items....and then wait for someone to come along and pay the price that is currently above market.  It happens.  It's not even rare.  I've watched some of these sellers for years.

Proof?  Sure thing.

Take a look at feedback for sales by ebay member water-walker

Most recent feedback:  Savage Sword of Conan #19 CGC 9.8

Price he sold it for: $495 (verified on GPA)

Previous copy sold in July for $175 according to GPA

Highest price the book has ever sold for prior to this sale between 2007 and the present: $180

Second most recent feedback:  X-Men #138 CGC 9.6

Price he sold it for:  $129.95 (verified on GPA)

5 previous sale prices prior to that sale according to GPA: $85....$99.....$120.....$115......$77

Skipping the signature series book...we jump to: Thor #305 CGC 9.8

Price he sold it for:  $195 (verified on GPA)

Looking at all previous sales from 2007 to the present....the book had sold for $25 to $78 max according to GPA

He's had books listed for sale at $300 that I've had in my watch list for well over 10 years.  Books that have never sold for more than $40...at least according to GPA.  He doesn't care.  He prices the books at his price.....many WELL above market (even above 10 years in the future market).....and that's the price they're going to stay at.  Does he sell a ton of books like this?  Obviously not.  But he does sell 4 or 5 books a month at his price.

These sellers ARE out there.  These sellers DO price their books above market.  These sellers DO get their prices.

It does happen.  It is happening.  There is no boogeyman.

Edited by Domo Arigato