• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another Ebay Scam Part 2: Multiple Identities!
1 1

22 posts in this topic

On 8/29/2021 at 9:08 AM, Sam T said:

The thread that ISN'T linked to here?lol

I'm sorry but if this guy wants the support of the community he should actually explain what happened and if half the story is somewhere else he should have linked to it. And if you're seeing me "needing more details" and your response is to try to assign me homework when you already know the answer and could just type it...well that's not how you build a community.

Part of the reason we have so many scammers in collectibles trading is that we've sorta accepted a very short term, twitter style discourse where no one is really allowed to have a complex discussion and no one ever does the work of actually explaining their point.

How can an ebay user be messaging this person without him seeing their user name? That's not how eBay works for me and I've used it for decades. I been on it since MTG Revised, lol. If you get a message, you get a user name. I literally don't understand how its remotely possible to talk to the same account without knowing it. Ebay has tons of problems. Its filled with bots designed to inflate the values of all assets. It's gross. But the problems this post is about just don't exist in my experience.

My impression is the buyer had two ebay handles, and it's only after the buyer made the purchase that the seller realized it was the same name and address.

How he didn't discover that until after the buyer had it in hand idk.

If these two purchases were close together, you'd think he'd have realized when shipping the package, but he maybe printed out a shipping label and didn't look too close? Idk