• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Signature Series TAT beware
1 1

9 posts in this topic

Just FYI, it can take up to two months or longer after the deadline to submit for the actual signing to occur, knocking up the return time by two months or more.  Both Bagley and Spencer signing deadlines were the end of June. The Bagley signing finally occurred on August 18 and the Nick Spencer signing doesn't even have a date yet.

Edited by Ed Hanes

I find it interesting that the two people  that have trolled me over the past week have been newbies that joined only days before (Plub joining Aug 15 and Yayeah joining Aug 22),   ...makes me wonder about the security of the chat boards 

Edited by Ed Hanes

On 8/26/2021 at 12:41 PM, Ed Hanes said:

I find it interesting that the two people  that have trolled me over the past week have been newbies that joined only days before (Plub joining Aug 15 and Yayeah joining Aug 22),   ...makes me wonder about the security of the chat boards 

i have no idea if you are joking or not, but you should not assume any level of security with regards to who they let be on the boards.  Just report anything that violates the rules, and otherwise assume you are publicly discussing things with a wide range of internet strangers, and can get all kinds of responses.

On 8/26/2021 at 1:24 PM, revat said:

i have no idea if you are joking or not, but you should not assume any level of security with regards to who they let be on the boards.  Just report anything that violates the rules, and otherwise assume you are publicly discussing things with a wide range of internet strangers, and can get all kinds of responses.

well, yeah, being sarcastic about the security..it's my way of saying that I think Yayeah and Plub are the same persons..with the goal of stirring up drama

Edited by Ed Hanes

On 8/26/2021 at 12:41 PM, Ed Hanes said:

There are some who would be defined as "trolls" who are constantly making new profiles and engaging in conversations.  These users have a surprising amount of knowledge since they've actually been in the hobby a long time, but for whatever reason, enjoy trolling the boards.  Some of what they say is brutally honest, some of it needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

On 8/26/2021 at 1:34 PM, ExNihilo said:

There are some who would be defined as "trolls" who are constantly making new profiles and engaging in conversations.  These users have a surprising amount of knowledge since they've actually been in the hobby a long time, but for whatever reason, enjoy trolling the boards.  Some of what they say is brutally honest, some of it needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

They don't post relevant or useful information that pertains to the OP concerns...I just find it  pathological and pathetic that people would go out of their way to  make new profiles

Edited by Ed Hanes

An extra two months is nothing.  I submitted two books for the Geoff Johns signing.  Deadline for submission was 12/15/2020.  Long series of reasons for why the signing was delayed.  One creator was living in Canada, covid restricting international travel etc.  At present, I can't even view my submission as it has passed 8 months in system.  I assume it will pop up when the books finally reach grading.  overall, the turnaround time for these signings has been good, but there has been outliers.

On 8/27/2021 at 7:09 AM, Ferretboy said:

An extra two months is nothing.  I submitted two books for the Geoff Johns signing.  Deadline for submission was 12/15/2020.  Long series of reasons for why the signing was delayed.  One creator was living in Canada, covid restricting international travel etc.  At present, I can't even view my submission as it has passed 8 months in system.  I assume it will pop up when the books finally reach grading.  overall, the turnaround time for these signings has been good, but there has been outliers.

Had the same for the David Finch signing, which I think was the same time as Johns.  I finally got my books back in late July/early August.  

As for submission rolling off your page, that will happen based on the limit it can display, but you will still be able to search for it.  Enter the submission or order number (if you still have that info) and it will show up.

On 8/27/2021 at 6:50 AM, waynemel said:

Had the same for the David Finch signing, which I think was the same time as Johns.  I finally got my books back in late July/early August.  

As for submission rolling off your page, that will happen based on the limit it can display, but you will still be able to search for it.  Enter the submission or order number (if you still have that info) and it will show up.

well, this just reinforces my lack of desire to send in anymore for SS