• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s WEREWOLF BY NIGHT starring Gael Garcia Bernal (2022)
5 5

182 posts in this topic

On 10/25/2023 at 10:54 AM, MattTheDuck said:

The colorization thing seems unneeded to me, although @Cman429 is exactly correct about people who refuse to watch black & white movies/TV shows etc.  They are in fact mostly younger and that's fine - to each his own.  The color spoiled the tribute to The Wizard of Oz (as noted above) but it's still a good story, well-told and I like it a lot.  I would have preferred a new "Halloween Special" featuring perhaps another Marvel Bronze character, but I don't all the time get what I want.  

The colorisation is a 70's tribute in itself.   The B&W was a tribute to the golden era of film.   Both were really enjoyable, I for one applaud the move.   A black and white release was innovative in this day and age, showing that great movies stand primarily on the emotion they generate, and not solely revolving around the vfx team.