• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Have there been any GA warehouse finds?

23 posts in this topic

Just curious if there were ever any WWII era golden age warehouse finds.

Some of the bigger Duck fans can probly speak to this better than me, but weren't there some warehouse finds of Dells and such? They may be later than WWII era, though.

Only major GA-related warehouse finds I've heard of concern atomic age stuff. Harveys, Thing #16, a scattering of assorted crime stuff, etc. Nobody's sitting on a case of Captain America Comics #1 that I've ever heard of!

I remember talk of a bunch of Dell file copies out there in the early 80s. I was just a dumb kid at the time so I don't remember much of the details, but I know most of the big Duck books where in there. Anyone know more? I'm not really sure if file copies really amount to a warehouse find though.

That's not from the WWII time period is it?

It depends on whether or not you're Japanese and lost on an Island jungle somewehere for 8 years.

Disclaimer: If you're Japanese and the above statement offends you, then I sincerely apologize. yeahok.gif

three copies deep isn't so much of a warehouse find me thinks....

i believe that there are some comics specifically printed to give to the troops in WW II that are warehouse situations now. i believe koch has been selling one of those issues for the last 20 years (I think I remember seeing it in his advertisements for that long). he probably has hundreds of them. i think he has it at $9.99 or something like that.

Captain Marvel Adventures 50, 51, and I believe #52.

So that's why I once picked up a high grade 51 dirt cheap. You know the only reason I asked about this is because I was daydreaming about finding a bunch of high grade virgin untouched Pep 22's and Action 1-10's. There was a time when my fantasies were a lot different.

One thing your forgetting no one would warehouse remiandered comics in 1940-45 they would have sold them to the government for paper prices or given them to paper drives.

The Dells file copies (warehouse really) were real (1948-1960 ish) I used to buy and sell them they were dirt cheap. and all 6.5 or better most 7.5 or better. But they were so common after a year they they REALLY drove down prices. That is why that period funny animal prices are still so low as well as the western titles and others from that publishers Four Color series 2 etc. Now the Series 1 Four Color those are the real rare and valuble ones