• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone Been to Frank & Son Collectible Show?

6 posts in this topic

I was just searching online for flea markets and such to hunt for books and I came across this:  Frank and Son Collectible Show open 3 days/week in Industry, CA (Los Angeles area).  Looks like a flea market type thing.

The first thing they list is having vendors that sell comic books.

Anybody been here before?

Wondering if it's worth a trip?

Or any other great sources in L.A. area?  

Thanks

Edited by Tafkap

I haven’t been in years. Kind of like a permanent indoor swap meet. Lots of modern toys, video games, cards and comics. I collect GA and some SA. Very little to none on the 2 or 3 times I went. Maybe @Dreamtoreal1can chime in. He is everywhere in LA. 

Flea markets are pretty much of a waste of time. Used to be OK but since covid I haven’t seen any vintage comics. The competition has also become VERY fierce. 

LA has become a wasteland for vintage material, 

Anybody year anything about the Shrine show? 

On 8/29/2021 at 6:10 PM, Robot Man said:

I haven’t been in years. Kind of like a permanent indoor swap meet. Lots of modern toys, video games, cards and comics. I collect GA and some SA. Very little to none on the 2 or 3 times I went. Maybe @Dreamtoreal1can chime in. He is everywhere in LA. 

Flea markets are pretty much of a waste of time. Used to be OK but since covid I haven’t seen any vintage comics. The competition has also become VERY fierce. 

LA has become a wasteland for vintage material, 

Anybody year anything about the Shrine show? 

If flea markets are a waste of time are there better alternatives?  Storage auctions?  Garage sales?  Estate sales?  ??

On 8/29/2021 at 6:22 PM, Tafkap said:

If flea markets are a waste of time are there better alternatives?  Storage auctions?  Garage sales?  Estate sales?  ??

I’ve tried them all with pretty much zero luck. The hey day of finding good stuff is pretty much over. Not saying not to try but don’t expect much...

On 8/30/2021 at 12:15 AM, Tafkap said:

Frank and Son Collectible Show open 3 days/week in Industry, CA (Los Angeles area).  Looks like a flea market type thing.

The first thing they list is having vendors that sell comic books.

Anybody been here before?

Lots of walk through videos on YouTube if you want to get an idea what they are like.