• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are turnaround times for CGC and CCS additive or inclusive?
1 1

10 posts in this topic

Hi, been looking around the boards for a while and can't seem to find a clear answer.  As of today 8/29/21 the TRT for Modern Comics is 103 days for grading and 180 days for pressing.  Assuming I sent in a comic for both services, my question is, are those times additive (103+180=283 days) or is the grading time a subset of pressing time (ie. the max TRT would be 180 days)?  Thanks in advance!

• Administrator

Good morning,

Thanks for your message.  Each service has its own individual turnaround time so if you select both pressing and grading, your order will be here for the total of both times (i.e. the 283 business days in your example).  

If you have any other questions, please let us know.  Thank you!

I just called in today about a CCS pressing and CGC combo received 6/3/2021 … I was told current turnaround time is approximately 445 business days. There are 260 working days in 2022, so a CCS pressing and CGC combo received 6/3/2021 is apparently looking at a 2023 return. OMG! Good luck with later submissions.

I just don't understand how pressing times can be almost 3 times longer than grading time. You look at about 10-12 months which is like a year. For modern books within last 20 years I can go to a local guy that can get it done in less than a week. But for stuff in 60-80's I prefer to have CGC press just to make sure I can get the best pressing but that wait time.... my god. 

On 1/30/2022 at 11:47 AM, rpgdreamers said:

I just don't understand how pressing times can be almost 3 times longer than grading time. You look at about 10-12 months which is like a year. For modern books within last 20 years I can go to a local guy that can get it done in less than a week. But for stuff in 60-80's I prefer to have CGC press just to make sure I can get the best pressing but that wait time.... my god. 

There are much, MUCH better pressers out there than CCS. CCS hires people with zero pressing experience, pays them close to minimum wage, and runs books through them like an assembly line. 

The problem I have is that there aren't a lot of options when it comes to presser in my local area. I would have to send the comics to an independant presser and then have it redirect or resend to CGC. That's going to be double shipping costs and I'm in Canada. :(

On 1/30/2022 at 10:47 PM, rpgdreamers said:

The problem I have is that there aren't a lot of options when it comes to presser in my local area. I would have to send the comics to an independant presser and then have it redirect or resend to CGC. That's going to be double shipping costs and I'm in Canada. :(

CFP Comics offers a service whereby they press your comics and then drop them off to CGC for no extra charge.