• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Further discussion about combined investment will cause My Head to explode

90 posts in this topic

On 9/4/2021 at 11:19 AM, Cat-Man_America said:

:tink:  ...I'm still looking!  ...Wait, ...I think it was hiding in plain sight!

(edited)_ce8722fd.jpg.ce63af765c4cc0022e747afd5fbc4a1e.jpg

That is pretty historic...the oldest man in the US visiting the oldest inn in England!

On 9/4/2021 at 3:33 PM, MrBedrock said:

That is pretty historic...the oldest man in the US visiting the oldest inn in England!

It’s only historic in the sense that should l place myself back into the ritualistic dating game, I’ll be seeking a broader range age-wise, ergo a more youthful criteria will also be included in the process of companion selection that includes those from the literary, arts and/or comics community.  Common interests, travel, films, writing, art,, etc., ...all of these apply in seeking a companion of the fairer sex.  I don’t mind being revered for dispensing sage wisdom, but I’d prefer not be perceived as on the other side of the hill delivering it! :grin:

That said, I must confess the rumors of my achieving a profoundly venerable status while thoughtful may be a bit overrated and misdirected here.  All essential plumbing still works properly (fingers crossed), my veneers are holding up well, arches haven't fallen and my mental retention is clearly focused. You could say that the youthful vigor surrounding my general physical condition ...except perhaps the rings under my eyes, which would indeed impress Saturn... proves little in this regard.  Humbly, your senior colleague, ...another methuselah in training.  — Cat 

:tink:

Edited by Cat-Man_America
Posted late Sunday night, after brews; edited Sunday afternoon.

On 9/6/2021 at 9:18 AM, eschnit said:

There’s an Action 1 6.5 Restored w/slightly brittle pages up in the next Signature Heritage auction in November.  I’m doing a fundraiser.  You all can own about 1% of this truly special book.  Just “invest” $10,000 Friends & Family no fee sent to me in advance of said auction.  There are only 100 slots available.  Get them while you can. I’ll take care of the rest of the cost to bid if it exceeds $1MM.  I’ll procure it, keep it in safe keeping, and send everyone pictures before “we” win/own it, and after.  You’ll be able to look at the “after” picture, and know from that point forward, you are officially an owner of a part of history.  

I will take care of the bidding, purchase, and safekeeping of said book.  Only thing I ask is I keep the book in my possession at all times, and sell it at my time of choosing.  When I pass on, you or your heirs will continue to own almost 1% of this book.  My heirs will retain possession.  No visitation included.

oh, how exciting!

will our pictures be .jpg, .tiff, .png or Polaroid?