• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Further discussion about combined investment will cause My Head to explode

90 posts in this topic

On 8/31/2021 at 11:30 AM, Flex Mentallo said:

david cronenberg scanners tv series

rented this VHS thru a local video store back in the early 80's thru a friend's parents' account, bunch of 15 year olds rewinding and playing in slow mo over and over that head-bursting scene a hundred times !!  Great memories of a Cronenberg cult classic !!

On 8/31/2021 at 1:29 PM, valiantman said:

greatspirits.png.4adfdae69dca3965b08c6f97f55a97c0.png

:kidaround:

I think the appropriate point was made that you simply weren’t with the right audience here.   You’d likely find more like-minded people elsewhere.  Like GA collectors would be more likely to have the polar opposite stance.  You did a really impressive job to try to counter, given no one agreed with you.

On 9/1/2021 at 11:56 AM, eschnit said:

I think the appropriate point was made that you simply weren’t with the right audience here.   You’d likely find more like-minded people elsewhere.  Like GA collectors would be more likely to have the polar opposite stance.  You did a really impressive job to try to counter, given no one agreed with you.

I'm a Golden Age collector.  There are like-minded people who are also Golden Age collectors. 

The problem is that they're not about to speak out when the mob has its torches and pitchforks out.

On 9/1/2021 at 12:21 PM, valiantman said:

I'm a Golden Age collector.  There are like-minded people who are also Golden Age collectors. 

The problem is that they're not about to speak out when the mob has its torches and pitchforks out.

I am sure you can be persuasive and convince them to show their heads. Just please do it over in "your topic".

On 9/1/2021 at 12:32 PM, MrBedrock said:
On 9/1/2021 at 12:21 PM, valiantman said:

I am sure you can be persuasive and convince them to show their heads. Just please do it over in "your topic".

Good point - this is the appropriate torch and pitchfork topic designed to make fun of me separate from my topic.  I don't know why I would voluntarily walk toward the villagers.

On 9/1/2021 at 6:35 PM, valiantman said:

Good point - this is the appropriate torch and pitchfork topic designed to make fun of me separate from my topic.  I don't know why I would voluntarily walk toward the villagers.

I went to a village once -the noise and bustle were simply overwhelming.

On 9/1/2021 at 1:38 PM, Cat-Man_America said:
On 9/1/2021 at 12:35 PM, valiantman said:

When interviewed by the press a spokesman for the local villagers blamed the misunderstanding on Dr. Frankenstein.  His poor piecemeal creation just couldn't figure out where he belonged, which is the problem with combined investment.

Despite Dr. Frankenstein's attempts to placate the villagers, they continued to silence Dr. Frankenstein and his support for the monster built from fractional parts. 

Eventually, Dr. Frankenstein and all the villagers died, but the monster went on to become bigger than any of them, outliving them all and eventually spawning multiple franchises of his own.

The penny wise were considered pound foolish, but it turns out the pennies were made of gold and the pounds were made of sand.

On 9/1/2021 at 1:43 PM, valiantman said:

Despite Dr. Frankenstein's attempts to placate the villagers, they continued to silence Dr. Frankenstein and his support for the monster built from fractional parts. 

Eventually, Dr. Frankenstein and all the villagers died, but the monster went on to become bigger than any of them, outliving them all and eventually spawning multiple franchises of his own.

The penny wise were considered pound foolish, but it turns out the pennies were made of gold and the pounds were made of sand.

Those gold pennies aren't worth much when the levy breaks, ...that's when those pounds of sand count. :wink:

On 9/1/2021 at 1:57 PM, Cat-Man_America said:
On 9/1/2021 at 1:43 PM, valiantman said:

Those gold pennies aren't worth much when the levy breaks, ...that's when those pounds of sand count. :wink:

Thankfully, Dr. Frankenstein lived more than 100 meters above sea level and survived the complete destruction of both the east and west coasts.

On 9/1/2021 at 2:02 PM, valiantman said:

Thankfully, Dr. Frankenstein lived more than 100 meters above sea level and survived the complete destruction of both the east and west coasts.

But he died. You just said so above.

On 9/1/2021 at 2:21 PM, MrBedrock said:
On 9/1/2021 at 2:02 PM, valiantman said:

But he died. You just said so above.

True.  He died of old age.  Some of the villagers died of old age, but others refused to leave when the flood waters came.

On 9/1/2021 at 2:25 PM, Flex Mentallo said:
On 9/1/2021 at 2:23 PM, valiantman said:

True.  He died of old age.  Some of the villagers died of old age, but others refused to leave when the flood waters came.

Was he 147 when he died?

Nope.  He never learned to love western comics.