• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM ASM 361- grade is in.
4 4

53 posts in this topic

I stopped subbing when I had to return all 20 slabs from my last submission in May 2021...fractured slabs.  One of the slabbed comics was pressed by @Tony S, whom I have complete faith in.  CGC handled it poorly and put a finger bend in it and wouldn't press it out when I returned it.  That one infuriated me because it came back as a 9.8 initially.  I stopped dealing with them permanently after that.

Problems galore with the company...they are losing loyal customers.  I hope your situation can be resolved. (thumbsu

There's too many 9.8s on the census as it is. Someone's going to figure out there's a ton of copies of this book at high grade and it shouldn't be worth so much. CGC is lowering grades in order to manipulate the market.

:blahblah:

:bigsmile: :foryou:

On 7/26/2022 at 12:09 PM, grendelbo said:

There's too many 9.8s on the census as it is. Someone's going to figure out there's a ton of copies of this book at high grade and it shouldn't be worth so much. CGC is lowering grades in order to manipulate the market.

It’s a conspiracy, I tell ya!!!!  Like the moon landings!!! :ohnoez:

AE1C2951-3788-4FE2-8069-BB507B312988.gif

On 7/26/2022 at 12:13 PM, Galen130 said:

It’s a conspiracy, I tell ya!!!!  Like the moon landings!!! :ohnoez:

AE1C2951-3788-4FE2-8069-BB507B312988.gif

The moon landings happened, but what they found there.. now that's another story.

On 7/26/2022 at 1:57 PM, thehumantorch said:

From your pics that book looks 9.8 to me, maybe 9.6 if the grader was stuck in traffic for two hours.  I can't understand 9.4, corners look perfect, spine is sweet, it's a nice book.

On 7/26/2022 at 2:09 PM, grendelbo said:

Im debating my next steps because it is ridiculous it's encapsulated in a 9.4 ... maybe voltamort or send to CCS and than slab?

I saw this

image.thumb.png.1d92b2080bfd5ee5bec6a87d9b4c84cc.png

..and assumed it is a small tear. This issue is notorious for having bad paper holes at the bottom of the books interior pages and sometimes these extend to the back. Now, I know these are production related but I am willing to bet this is the reason for the 9.4 and rightfully so

On 9/29/2022 at 10:33 AM, WilliamLunt said:

@comicginger1789 I think that's a production issue that is common with this book. The "gripper tears". My copy came back a month ago a 9.8 with this issue.

fc.jpg

bc.jpg

Whelp..chalk it up to the new graders then. I know I personally will be avoiding modern comic submissions because of the variance. To expect, within a year, newly hired graders to have a handle on the system is silly and yet, that is what CGC has done because they had no choice (aside from maybe 3 year wait times). I will stick with older books because at least those are going through experienced hands.

And that is not to say all the modern graders are bad. Obviously there are some  pros there and some new hires bound to be better than others but I guarantee there is a handful giving "safe" grades. 

Edited by comicginger1789