• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Comics 1
3 3

103 posts in this topic

On 9/19/2021 at 8:03 PM, Crowzilla said:

Darn it, ok. :(

I think the price of the Supey 1 at Goldin would have bought the entire wall in the top pic since the Tec 27 was only $12K at the time.

So are we all in agreement after the Goldin auction that Marvel #1 is not ahead of Superman #1lol YES YES YES (thumbsu

I have had your wall around the same time many times wish i kept them :facepalm: Fantsy 15 was only 200-400-600  Spiderman 1 was 100-200-300 and i had lots of DD 1's but they where 90 bucks top guide and you had to give them away. Ps that Sup 1 was high grade easy 8.0 plus I think Dave (Dentist ) got that from me not 100% tho. I guess back in 1981 high grade was all over. The 27 is my current copy that in got from E Gerber this pic is before Resto.

h1.jpg

h2.jpg

Detective 27.jpg

Edited by woowoo

On 9/19/2021 at 10:28 PM, woowoo said:

So are we all in agreement after the Goldin auction that Marvel #1 is not ahead of Superman #1lol YES YES YES (thumbsu

I have had your wall around the same time many times wish i kept them :facepalm: Fantsy 15 was only 200-400-600  Spiderman 1 was 100-200-300 and i had lots of DD 1's but they where 90 bucks top guide and you had to give them away. Ps that Sup 1 was high grade easy 8.0 plus I think Dave (Dentist ) got that from me not 100% tho. I guess back in 1981 high grade was all over. The 27 is my current copy that in got from E Gerber this pic is before Resto.

h1.jpg

h2.jpg

Detective 27.jpg

Yeah Im at a loss. Not sure who is the #3. MC 1 or Supes 1.  I wouldn't be surprised if a MC 1 1.0 went for 150k Any recent data to contradict that ?

On 9/19/2021 at 10:28 PM, Crowzilla said:

So are we all in agreement after the Goldin auction that Marvel #1 is not ahead of Superman #1?

Nope Marvel is and will pass Superman 1. Especially the october copy. Much Rarer the demand is being felt now. They dont come to market as often as superman 1 and the last two blew everyone’s expectation

On 9/20/2021 at 7:36 AM, Chicago Boy said:

Yeah Im at a loss. Not sure who is the #3. MC 1 or Supes 1.  I wouldn't be surprised if a MC 1 1.0 went for 150k Any recent data to contradict that ?

I agree that a 1.0 would go 150k +++

On 9/20/2021 at 4:36 AM, Chicago Boy said:

I could only think the guy who paid that crazy price for Marvel 1 Restored has no idea what he bought other than trying to invest smart. 

On 9/20/2021 at 7:17 AM, zen514 said:

Nope Marvel is and will pass Superman 1. Especially the october copy. Much Rarer the demand is being felt now. They dont come to market as often as superman 1 and the last two blew everyone’s expectation

Did you know there was a first print on Superman 1 than a 2nd print and they have different adds i think.

On 9/19/2021 at 8:28 PM, woowoo said:

h1.jpg

h2.jpg

Detective 27.jpg

Can you kindly take better pictures next time?  Those are so blurry 

On 9/20/2021 at 2:58 PM, Aman619 said:

well, if this were a TV police show they'd just zoom in and they'd be perfectly focussed!

And the computer would make whirring and beeping noises with every keystroke or mouseclick. 

On 9/20/2021 at 11:30 AM, woowoo said:

I could only think the guy who paid that crazy price for Marvel 1 Restored has no idea what he bought other than trying to invest smart. 

Sure. 150k to blow on Marvel Comics 1. 

How many have came to market in auction setting last one was the 1.3 million in 2019… Compared to the 30 copies of Superman 1 and 60 of Batman 1 during the same period. 

It was the number 1 and should and will be no. 3  

On 9/20/2021 at 2:05 PM, zen514 said:

Sure. 150k to blow on Marvel Comics 1. 

How many have came to market in auction setting last one was the 1.3 million in 2019… Compared to the 30 copies of Superman 1 and 60 of Batman 1 during the same period. 

It was the number 1 and should and will be no. 3  

Sounds like you want to buy a copy ? I have a coverless missing last page with a bad repro cover how much you pay :flipbait:

On 9/20/2021 at 5:16 PM, woowoo said:

Sounds like you want to buy a copy ? I have a coverless missing last page with a bad repro cover how much you pay :flipbait:

Like many times ive bought on these boards.  Im looking for a low grade complete unrestored or maybe a coverless complete unrestored. Thanks