• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Those 6 ft. Monster Posters From The ‘60s
1 1

54 posts in this topic

On 9/12/2021 at 12:08 PM, Qalyar said:

Those are pretty fantastic. Know if there were any others besides these two?

yes there was also Boney the skeleton:

Screenshot 2021-09-12 12.21.45 PM.png

Edited by kav

On 9/12/2021 at 12:54 PM, speedcake said:

would love to get one or more of these eventually. Are they as difficult to come by in nice shape as I'm assuming they are>?

I know a guy that sells full size reproductions if you are interested.

On 9/12/2021 at 10:05 AM, iggy said:

Not mine, someone posted this on Facebook from one of my groups:

F9BCE8EB-CEB7-4791-9907-9A288FAB4842.jpeg

Not sure if these are the original posters as far as I am aware the originals came in 2 pieces printed on plastic.

On 9/12/2021 at 5:55 PM, Readcomix said:

I had these 2. The plastic was flimsy and the color came off easily if it creased. Finding originals in good shape may not be easy, I imagine.

were they in 2 pieces?

On 9/12/2021 at 3:58 PM, kav said:

Not sure if these are the original posters as far as I am aware the originals came in 2 pieces printed on plastic.

I’ll bet that the production changed over the years, possibly to keep postage costs as low as possible. In the red box on the ad that Jayman posted it says expensive heavy varnished paper- that looks like the Dracula example. The Frankenstein- hard to really tell from the photo, but looks less varnished and possibly lighter weight paper. They may have switched to the cheap and lighter weight plastic years later...?