• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nicolas Cage names son Kal-el

13 posts in this topic

Thought group would be interested in Story in 10/17 people magazine:

"SUPER BABY

"Welcome to Earth, Kal-el Coppola Cage. The newly born (Oct. ) son of Oscar winning actor Nicolas Cage, 41, and his third wife, Alice Kim Cage, 21 was named after the comic book hero Superman's moniker on his native planet, Krypton. What led to the choice? Cage wouldn't say, though he once owned an original copy of the 1938 Action Comic that introduced Superman, and he was slated to play the Man of Steel in a Tim Buron film in the 1990s before the project fell through."

If Cage is such a Supes nut, why did he sell his Action #1 in the first place? He obviously has the money to keep it, and even if he didn't, it's an investment - not intended to lose money.

I dont know why he sold his action 1.But i can tell you about the copy.

It is the cgc graded 4.5 copy on the census.Auctioned off by Heritage about 3 yeras ago and sold for 86k.

It is in a blue holder[totally unrestored]It has a gorgious front cover.Very strong colors and nice clean cover.Looking at the cover you would swaer it was a 7.0 to 7.5. Its pages are... off white-white.....Why than only a 4.5 grade?

Because all of the damage is on the back cover..You can see this book on the heritage archieves[front and back cover and you will see what i mean

Peter

Eh, you're assuming that he wants the best copies in existance. You can be certain that he could afford them if he wanted them...

Between 1995 and 2002 he made $76,240,000 (source: imdb.com). You figure he pulled another $15 mill for National Treasure, $20 mill for Lord of War, $5-10 mill for Matchstick Men...

You're looking at a gross income of ~$100 million over the last 10 years...

Well, He did buy the best copies of All star 3, Detective 38, and so many otheres.

Almost everything he owned and sold was very very high grade,except for the Action 1 and Marvel 1.I would say because that was the highest availible copy of action 1 he could attain at that particular time of purchase.So yes i can safetly assume he was looking and wanted the highest action 1.Thats just the best his money could buy at that particular moment.

Well, He did buy the best copies of All star 3, Detective 38, and so many otheres.

Almost everything he owned and sold was very very high grade,except for the Action 1 and Marvel 1.I would say because that was the highest availible copy of action 1 he could attain at that particular time of purchase.So yes i can safetly assume he was looking and wanted the highest action 1.Thats just the best his money could buy at that particular moment.

It might be more likely that it was the best issue that could be found on the market at the time. I'm not sure if that's what you meant.

As far as the reason for selling his collection....I had heard it cited in an article the LMP(his former ex-wife) wanted him to sell his collections(cars, comics etc). This among other issues resulted in their divorce. More than likely Nicolas Cage really wasn't into collecting Actions, so he got the best on the market at that time. Seems like the Superman movie part coincided with his buying the Action #1. He probably collected more Marvel, since he picked his stage name from Luke Cage(Hero for Hire).

Here is the link:

http://www.imdb.com/news/wenn/2002-12-02#celeb9