• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best Instagram Consignors
2 2

20 posts in this topic

Title says it all... Figured this place could benefit from a list of referred instagram consignors. I suggest you list the # of followers they have at the time of your reference (for context) plus their typical fee/terms. I'd like to have some books listed there, but am certainly not looking to build my own presence... If something comparable already exists I'll endorse deletion of this thread. 

C_

Edited by Callaway29

On 9/17/2021 at 5:00 PM, Terry JSA said:

I highly recommend Elite_Comics11 for consigning items. They have 20k+ followers.

Fun subject might help me....how does it work exactly?you keep the item unless its sold or you have to ship the item to consignors,and what is the pourcentage they keep from the sell?im really curious i know nothing about the subject !

On 9/17/2021 at 5:21 PM, Terry JSA said:

You send them pictures of your books and a selling price. They get it sold. You get paid PayPal Friends and Family (no fee payment) or, if you prefer, Goods and Services, and you ship the book fully insured to buyer. You send them 5.5% of the sale price ($20 minimum.) They make it pretty easy. As a consigner they’ll need your name, address, PayPal address, and phone number. In order to get started selling with them, they would need a few references who can vouch for you, maybe mutual followers, big comic dealers you’ve done business with, CGC boardies, long standing eBay account, etc.

Its reasonable,more than i tought!thanks for info much appreciated!(thumbsu

I use instagrailz. AJ is quick to respond and post items. Consignment fee's vary depending on seller status. When you first start selling payment received is G&S and a 4.5% fee if its less than $5k or 3.5% fee if its over $5k. If you get into the preferred seller program fee is 3% if its less than $5k and you get paid F&F.

On 9/17/2021 at 5:59 PM, 500hpAudiS4 said:

I use instagrailz. AJ is quick to respond and post items. Consignment fee's vary depending on seller status. When you first start selling payment received is G&S and a 4.5% fee if its less than $5k or 3.5% fee if its over $5k. If you get into the preferred seller program fee is 3% if its less than $5k and you get paid F&F.

Appreciate the detail! Updated my original post requesting known terms of referred consignors. An important factor for sure…

Edited by Callaway29

Hmm, I rarely contact sellers from stores on Instagram. Of course, I support the fact that since the lockdown, many second-hand shops with clothes, shoes, books, comics, games, CDs, and anything else have appeared on Instagram. I like the idea that people don't throw it in the trash, thereby not replenishing the amount of garbage in landfills. But few of these stores can be trusted. My friend has a store of retro comics that people read in the 80s. So few people knew about his store that he had to buy views and Instagram followers to promote the store. But even so, people wanted to see more reviews of his products in the form of screenshots first. And that's good.

Edited by gussieweisenstein

On 12/6/2021 at 12:08 PM, Robot Man said:

Annother alternative…

Adam Anderson (Blizzard on eBay) takes consignments. Maybe a much bigger audience than IG.

A great guy to deal with. Very honest and a spot on grader. He gets incredible prices and takes care of all the headaches. 

I've bought a number of items from him and had good interactions with him.

On 9/17/2021 at 2:21 PM, Terry JSA said:

You send them pictures of your books and a selling price. They get it sold. You get paid PayPal Friends and Family (no fee payment) or, if you prefer, Goods and Services, and you ship the book fully insured to buyer. You send them 5.5% of the sale price ($20 minimum.) They make it pretty easy. As a consigner they’ll need your name, address, PayPal address, and phone number. In order to get started selling with them, they would need a few references who can vouch for you, maybe mutual followers, big comic dealers you’ve done business with, CGC boardies, long standing eBay account, etc.

the one time i sent them pics of a book i was considering selling, they ignored me. this was around 6 months ago. their loss, as i just sold it for 30k. i won't bother with them again. but some friends have also recommended them. guess it depends on the day of the week. 

On 10/2/2022 at 12:21 AM, alexgross.com said:

the one time i sent them pics of a book i was considering selling, they ignored me. this was around 6 months ago. their loss, as i just sold it for 30k. i won't bother with them again. but some friends have also recommended them. guess it depends on the day of the week. 

Had the exact same thing happen, both trying to buy and sell, although I did not send pics and it was not a flavor of the month book.