• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grading Help
1 1

5 posts in this topic

I need some feedback from everyone.  I have a comic from 70's and its a 9.4-9.6, near mint, I paid $6.
Solid corners, no spine ticks I can find, but I see a couple of things I "question", but dont think they will drop the grade ( I am not a pro grader).
9.2 is $65 
Raw value is $5.
Graded value is currently $110 for a 9.6 (  30 day sales on Fleaboy are $107 and $110 for 9.6). (Oh a 9.8 is $240 but I dont think my copy gets there)
CnP is ~$15 and grading ~$30 (please correct me)+ $5 shipping if I send in 20 books, both ways.
This puts me at $56, and this book looks to increase over the next 5 years, BUT may stay at the same value.
I am long term, not looking to sell the book in the next 3 years.

Grade it or not?  

Fictional comic: Fantastic Captain Bat Girl #2
I would LOVE your feedback!

Thanks!

Too much work and hassle involved to make a 9 dollar profit from a 6 dollar book. That's how I'd see it if it was mine. I'd go cut someone's lawn for 10 dollars instead. (Apologies this keyboard has no dollar sign!)

Edited by LowGradeBronze

On 9/21/2021 at 6:54 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Unless it's being submitted in a very large order, I would not grade anything worth less than $200 as a final product. That's my personal threshold suggestion.

$200 is pretty much my threshold as well, though I've made exceptions for one or two high-grade modern keys whose current FMV is just below that, for the sake of the long game or just to preserve them in a slab because I felt like it LOL.  

I can't imagine going through all that cost, time, and hassle to MAYBE squeeze a $9 profit, since profit seems to be the motivating factor here.