• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How big is your pile?
3 3

68 posts in this topic

On 9/23/2021 at 12:10 AM, GoodOlSmokey said:

If you haven't read it yet check out Vagabond. Awesome series about the fictionalized biography of a real Samurai named Miyamoto Musashi, art style is incredible as well.

xpqk5wnilrr01.png

I will check that out.  Thanks for the recommendation!

I'm not as bad off as I thought :eek:

My pile:

Right to left

Right - Unread silver and bronze

Middle - unread moderns

Left - Read but need to bag and board etc...

IMG_7788.thumb.jpg.e762ebd7c1878b772d55232386a71535.jpg

Follow up question.

Have you read every book you own? For me, with the exception of a handful of slabs, yes and some/many more than once.

On 9/26/2021 at 11:34 AM, lostboys said:

Holy spine roll Batman! 😆

Lol, not as bad as it looks. 

On 9/26/2021 at 4:40 PM, mec3437 said:

Sitting on three months of pull list backlog, along with about 40-50 random back issues to read.  

Gets away from you quick!

On 9/24/2021 at 7:13 PM, universal soldier said:

Follow up question.

Have you read every book you own? For me, with the exception of a handful of slabs, yes and some/many more than once.

I have read all of the Gold/Silver/Bronze/Copper and non-current modern that I own, but don't remember half of them.  I am behind on current moderns.

On 9/24/2021 at 4:13 PM, universal soldier said:

Follow up question.

Once upon a time, I did. When I had my stores I made it a point to read every new comic I sold and at that point my personal collection was only a few titles I collect.  While I pretty much have read every Marvel and DC from the mid 70s to about 1990, I now have at least fifteen boxes of modern books I have never cracked open.  Foer example, I have not read an X-Men comic since The World Without Professor X or whatever it was called, but I have well over two boxes of stuff that came later.

I was buying a few $1 comics from MCS each week to try and read a few moderns but didn't find any I was crazy about.

On 9/29/2021 at 1:57 PM, toro said:

I have read all of the Gold/Silver/Bronze/Copper and non-current modern that I own, but don't remember half of them. 

Lol, I think I'm the same way. Great when you re-read them a second time I guess. some of the story lines from the 90's forward deserve to be forgotten anyways. :sick:

On 9/29/2021 at 3:00 PM, shadroch said:

Once upon a time, I did. When I had my stores I made it a point to read every new comic I sold and at that point my personal collection was only a few titles I collect.  While I pretty much have read every Marvel and DC from the mid 70s to about 1990, I now have at least fifteen boxes of modern books I have never cracked open.  Foer example, I have not read an X-Men comic since The World Without Professor X or whatever it was called, but I have well over two boxes of stuff that came later.

I was buying a few $1 comics from MCS each week to try and read a few moderns but didn't find any I was crazy about.

I really try to limit the amount of moderns I have on my sub list. Back in the 90's to early 2000's I was buying so many titles I more glossed over some of the stories than really read them. It became a chore. I'm about 10-12 titles a month now with 2-3 on the short list to cut.

I have a Marvel Unlimited account to do some reading of series when I feel like it.  I only buy Amazing Spider-man each month and right now I believe I am six issues behind.  When I get to ten I will buy them from a board member or MCS.  No local comic book store is holding one title for one customer. 

On 9/29/2021 at 11:19 PM, universal soldier said:

Lol, I think I'm the same way. Great when you re-read them a second time I guess. some of the story lines from the 90's forward deserve to be forgotten anyways. :sick:

There have always been stories that needed to be buried, even in the earlier Ages, but at least back then they didn’t have clunkers such as The Spider-Man Clone Saga which drifted on and on and on.

Edited by Ken Aldred

My pile is ridiculously big, and it's only going to get worse now that I can't really comfortably read omniboo for a bit. I'm picking away at the smaller stuff. 

It's due to be cleared by...... 2033!?

On 9/29/2021 at 10:45 PM, Ken Aldred said:

There have always been stories that needed to be buried, even in the earlier Ages, but at least back then they didn’t have clunkers such as The Spider-Man Clone Saga which drifted on and on and on.

I recently read the Clone Saga Omnibus's because I liked the old Gwen Stacy clone storline. The Clone Saga isn't all bad. There were some good stories buried in there, and I liked Ben Reilly. But when the powers that be at Marvel decreed that Peter Parker had to remain as the real Spidey, the writers dug themselves out of a hole in the most unimaginable way,by bringing back Norman Osborn and making him a mastermind so clever that he could even fake Aunt May's death. He was behind every jot and tittile(tee hee) of the plan to destroy Parker. And bringing back Norman, whose death was one of the most impactful in comics history, just for a cheap stunt sucked. I'm glad I dropped Spidey in the early nineties. 

For people who love the Silver Bronze and Copper eras, it isn't recognizable as the same character or book anymore.

On 9/30/2021 at 7:10 AM, Larryw7 said:

I recently read the Clone Saga Omnibus's because I liked the old Gwen Stacy clone storline. The Clone Saga isn't all bad. There were some good stories buried in there, and I liked Ben Reilly. But when the powers that be at Marvel decreed that Peter Parker had to remain as the real Spidey, the writers dug themselves out of a hole in the most unimaginable way,by bringing back Norman Osborn and making him a mastermind so clever that he could even fake Aunt May's death. He was behind every jot and tittile(tee hee) of the plan to destroy Parker. And bringing back Norman, whose death was one of the most impactful in comics history, just for a cheap stunt sucked. I'm glad I dropped Spidey in the early nineties. 

For people who love the Silver Bronze and Copper eras, it isn't recognizable as the same character or book anymore.

The clone sage omnibus's are great, that story was my first entry into Spidey back in the 90's. I dropped off ASM a while back and only hear bad things about the current run, however will give it another go with the new Beyond storyline coming with Ben back in the role.

I tend to keep my reading pile under control as I drop in and out of titles these days so only pick up a few here and there. I don't feel the need to collect modern runs in the same way I'll focus on an early ASM run for example.