• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AMAZING SPIDERMAN 361 CGC 9.6 NEWSSTAND, NEED YOUR OPINION...

11 posts in this topic

Hello. I need your opinion on something. I have a ASM 361 CGC 9.6 old label. The book was graded over 9 years ago. It has graders notes. The graders notes state the following:

1) Bottom Back Cover Small Multiple Tear,

2) Right Top Back Cover Small Bend.

The 1st note mentions the tear that most if not all this specific issue has which is considered now a manufacturing defect and therefore does not affect grade. The 2nd note proves that the book has never been pressed. I can't even see the small bend probably because it does not break color and it is in-cased in the CGC slab which has it pressed down. Based on all this information, my question is, in your opinion, would it be worth cracking it out of the case, getting it pressed and submitted to CGC hoping to get that 9.8 grade? Please let me know. Thanks.

Edited by Toombs

On 9/27/2021 at 9:34 PM, Toombs said:

Hello. I need your opinion on something. I have a ASM 361 CGC 9.6 old label. The book was graded over 9 years ago. It has graders notes. The graders notes state the following:

The 1st note mentions the tear that most if not all this specific issue has which is considered now a manufacturing defect and therefore does not affect grade. The 2nd note proves that the book has never been pressed. I can't even see the small bend probably because it does not break color and it is in-cased in the CGC slab which has it pressed down. Based on all this information, my question is, in your opinion, would it be worth cracking it out of the case, getting it pressed and submitted to CGC hoping to get that 9.8 grade? Please let me know. Thanks.

I wouldn't. I'd count myself lucky to get the 9.6.

I experienced the same dilemma as Mr_highgrade did. Submitted my Danger Girl 2, Ruby Red for CGC SS for JSC. I was pretty confident at the time that it was of 9.8 quality, but it came back a 9.6. I decided to resubmit with a press after confiding in fellow board members and my LCS owner and it came back a 9.8 thankfully. Everyone’s experiences will be different and be mentally prepared if the book comes back lower too. In the end, I’d submit it. 

Did not realize the 361 had that defect. The 2 I purchased back when new do not have any tears - I sent 1 for grading earlier this year and got a 9.8. While I've never received 9.9 I thought mine had a punchers chance.  If you are positive that it's currently recognized as a manufacturing defect then my opinion send it in.  But if that is not the case then 9.6 sounds right and 9.4 not out of the question.

Edited by MAR1979

I did and I got a 9.8 out of it.