• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GLADIATOR 2 directed by Ridley Scott in development (11/22/24)

51 posts in this topic

Umm... is that a real trailer? Half from the first movie. I had to double check my audio to make sure whoever was doing the voice over really sounded like that. And if that's a sneak peek into the plot, may have a new #1 at the top of "Not needed sequels."

On 2/23/2024 at 2:42 PM, Bosco685 said:

First movie was $103ish million budget.  Let's see which film ends up being better received both critically and financially.  I'm pretty sure I know the answer already.

On 4/11/2024 at 3:21 PM, Bosco685 said:

Screenshot_20240411-1519262.png.32d35361f51d97b6524e5efa7a81cdb8.png

Ugh, wasn't too hyped about this film and now you hit me with "Man eating monkeys" and "Sharks"??  This is not looking good.  Did they get Denzel before or after they decided to go with sharks?

General turned gladiator, where have we seen that before?  Sounds like this will suffer the standard sequel trap of being too much like the original, should ascend straight to the pantheon of sequels no one asked for or wanted to see.

However...my opinion will quickly change if Denzel isn't actually in the movie and is instead just doing the voice for the dog with the shifty eyes.

side-eye-shady.gif

Edited by mattn792

On 4/13/2024 at 3:59 PM, mattn792 said:

General turned gladiator, where have we seen that before?  Sounds like this will suffer the standard sequel trap of being too much like the original, should ascend straight to the pantheon of sequels no one asked for or wanted to see.

However...my opinion will quickly change if Denzel isn't actually in the movie and is instead just doing the voice for the dog with the shifty eyes.

side-eye-shady.gif

Muttley Laughing GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY