• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Most valuable/sought after foreign comic
3 3

53 posts in this topic

Just wondering what this might be.I would like to eliminate variants of US comics and just limit it to an original title.It could be an American character such as Tarzan or the Phantom but not a simple price variant.

Also wondering where 2000 A.D. and Warrior would rank.What about Tintin,The Smurfs & Astrix? I'm sure there are many I don't know about.

Any thoughts?

I think the first Beano, a long running British comic that started in 1938, is worth around twenty grand now. 

Good question.   The early tintins must a good dollar as they are quite early.   

I have a soft spot for Topolino 1.  (Italian mickey mouse digest, weekly, very long running).  A terrible copy is on ebay here https://www.ebay.it/itm/255048732056?hash=item3b6216cd98:g:K3MAAOSwCHFg6WwL

Looks like there is a german mag that is similar from a couple years later here https://www.ebay.it/itm/191047034523?hash=item2c7b4a669b:g:avMAAOSwF1dURhCz

Edited by Bronty

Frew Phantom #1 is worth big bucks

Australian DD #1 is very sought after.

Other strong contenders are El Sorprendente Hombre Araña 128 (the Gwen Stacy "wedding" issue), and the top-end titles of the Canadian Whites, such as Triumph-Adventure Comics #1 and the Nelvana of the Northern Lights #nn one-shot.

On 10/5/2021 at 10:39 PM, catman76 said:

I have seen the Canadian Nelvana comic sell for 10 grand so that has to be up there with the most valuable I would think...

cover1.jpg

A triumph adventure 1 in nice condition would certainly blow that away but none to be found. 

On 10/6/2021 at 7:10 AM, Bronty said:

A triumph adventure 1 in nice condition would certainly blow that away but none to be found. 

Yeah, there are a couple of 6.5 Universal copies of Nelvana, but the only graded Triumph-Adventure 1 is a 4.0 Restored. I think we'd see some really phenomenal sales if something like an 8.0 Nelvana or 6.0 Universal Triumph-Adventure 1 were -- somehow -- ever discovered.

Yeah and as I recall Stephen's 4.0 restored is also married (cover from one book, guts from another).   Too bad, but hey its way nicer than any copy anybody else has.

I think even a 4.0 universal would do super well.

Edited by Bronty