• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Most valuable/sought after foreign comic
3 3

53 posts in this topic

On 10/7/2021 at 8:16 AM, Bronty said:

I don’t see it

I didn't put a pic. But here is one if you are curious:

Weekly Shonen JUMP Truck No.32 July 21 2014 BOKUNO-HERO-Academia 1 st story  RARE | eBay

Another name is goes by is Shonen Jump 2273. Pretty sure this will be the hottest fully foreign comic in the years to come.

Also, people are posting price variants and international releases of US comics, the OP was pretty clear this is not what they were asking for:

On 10/5/2021 at 6:15 AM, Toz said:

Just wondering what this might be.I would like to eliminate variants of US comics and just limit it to an original title.It could be an American character such as Tarzan or the Phantom but not a simple price variant.

Also wondering where 2000 A.D. and Warrior would rank.What about Tintin,The Smurfs & Astrix? I'm sure there are many I don't know about.

Any thoughts?

On 10/9/2021 at 8:05 PM, William-James88 said:

I didn't put a pic. But here is one if you are curious:

Weekly Shonen JUMP Truck No.32 July 21 2014 BOKUNO-HERO-Academia 1 st story  RARE | eBay

Another name is goes by is Shonen Jump 2273. Pretty sure this will be the hottest fully foreign comic in the years to come.

Also, people are posting price variants and international releases of US comics, the OP was pretty clear this is not what they were asking for:

Why it is so special? 

Find it funny how picky we are , id like norwegian Donald pocket #1 in VF or better but back in the day nobody bothered to preserve them - esp the first 20 books....creases on covers common , one book even had bad gluing from factory 

Edited by postersandstuff

On 10/9/2021 at 12:05 PM, William-James88 said:

Also, people are posting price variants and international releases of US comics, the OP was pretty clear this is not what they were asking for

That's what I was thinking.

Even if they weren't asking for original material I still think international releases of US comics are boring.  Kitschy maybe.  Like an Elvis impersonator.

I'd rather see some international comics with originality.  I don't see the allure of copied pop culture, though I will admit I heard a punk rock song from a Chinese band that wasn't bad.

Edited by Turnando

That first issue of the Beano at about $30,000 is up there, but you have to go to Belgium and France for the priciest books internationally. Some early TinTin books will fetch $150,000 or more, while some rare and early Asterix editions go for more than $200,000.

Original art from these books can go much higher, with an unused TinTin cover selling for €3.2 million (for example).

Cuentos de Abuelito 8 is the real first appearance of Conan the Barbarian in comic books (obviously not in Pulp). These books were printed in the 60s, thus pre-dating the Marvel BWS run. I have heard of copies of these books selling in the hefty 5 figure range. I'd like to find one myself. 

1092622.jpg